Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
scares haven't even started yet. So I'm assuming you're saying at least the decor and theming is great so far. What kind of HOS specific food are you finding there? Was MSR better than the preview day?

Reactions: Pretzel Kaiser
If the weather stays like this, don't bother coming. Everything is closed and its pouring like crazy.

MSR was the same. Theming is better than any other HOS in history.

Swiftman said:
If the weather stays like this, don't bother coming. Everything is closed and its pouring like crazy.

MSR was the same. Theming is better than any other HOS in history.

I can't wait to see the pictures that you took Swift!

pandorazboxx said:
scares haven't even started yet. So I'm assuming you're saying at least the decor and theming is great so far. What kind of HOS specific food are you finding there? Was MSR better than the preview day?

What I was talking about was the theming.

On their facebook a person said it's open so I called and she told me that they are open. So, I guess you just have to find out yourself. The phone operators have told me wrong info before

The park's twitter hasn't retracted the closing message... perhaps a soft closing?

EDIT: I just noticed they boarded over the stained glass; I hope it's just temporary, to keep light out of the festhaus for FIENDS...

GCED1CIRFSHDISQCMMCS4HOSXKKXBIF0DEP0LTUOIDA1HGHR.jpg

I was actually in the park from 3:40- 5:30. There was moderate rainfall, but I definitely would have stayed. I'm really curious about the decision- for one thing the park was as empty as I've ever seen it.

Was there a severe storm warning and I was unaware? I've actually been in the park in rain as bad as that and ridden rides, so there had to be right? Plus, I did see Apollo running on my way out and saw people on the swings as well.

It was just a very strange day.

There was a tornado warning earlier in north carolina. The only thing they could have been thinking was that the line would continue north, not go northeast like it did. It will probably be a very nice night tonight.

When we were on Appollo, they mentioned that there was onlu 737 people in the park. I don't think it was the weather, but attendance numbers.

A) The weather cleared up completely about 30 min. before they closed.
B) The average Friday Howl-O-Scream attendance from last years was about 20,000. Today's projected attendance was 5,000. As of 5pm, there were just over 700 people in the park. They closed because of attendance, not weather.
C) Like YouHow said, 64 was a disaster. Left at 6:15 and got home about 15 min. ago. It's normally a 20 min. drive.

Should have the photo update done tonight- I hope enough of the pictures came out to make it worthwhile. Fiends and Monster Stomp videos should be up by no later than tomorrow (hopefully tonight).

Swiftman said:
B) The average Friday Howl-O-Scream attendance from last years was about 20,000. Today's projected attendance was 5,000. As of 5pm, there were just over 700 people in the park. They closed because of attendance, not weather.
C) Like YouHow said, 64 was a disaster. Left at 6:15 and got home about 15 min. ago. It's normally a 20 min. drive.

B) Yeah, that was sort of what I was getting at in my post- I just didn't want to say it outright. It is sort of funny to see the posts on FB explaining why BGW closed for the weather (everything other than attendance). Plus, you figure in money taken in and subtract operating/payroll costs for the day and the park is even more in the hole for today.
C) Swift, were you headed towards Hampton/VA Beach or towards Richmond? my drive was longer than usual too, but it wasn't THAT bad. (25 min to Hampton)

Forgot to mention that I was able to see Fiends (and eat a Feshaus sampler for the first time in FOREVER). mad Doctor/Igor were excellent.

Reactions: emmyabbyjohn
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad