Please private message an Admin, if you have any questions about or need an exception to the rules and guidelines below.
We divide the forum rules into two categories: Class One Offenses and Class Two Offenses
Class One Offenses
- Class One Offenses result in an immediate ban.
Class Two Offenses result in a 20% warning.
- Each warning expires automatically in six months;
- Five warnings (100%) in six months will result in a one-week ban; and
- Each additional two warnings within a six-month period will trigger a forum membership vote to decide between a ban for life and a two-week ban.
Class Two Offenses
- Holding an account under the age of 13. In order to comply with the FTC’s Children’s Online Privacy Act of 1998, all members must be at least 13 years old.
Using multiple accounts for malicious purposes. We define malicious activity as using duplicate account(s) to:
- Post spam;
- Vote more than once in elections and polls;
- Cheat the Rules/Banning System
- Posting Spam. Spam includes but is not limited to:
- Referral links; and
- Online petitions.
Posting inappropriate content. We define inappropriate content as:
- Sexually explicit material;
- Comments advocating illegal activity;
- Personal insults or attacks targeting any (real) person;
- Personal information about any (real) person;
- Posts identifying park employees, who have not stepped into the public spotlight; and
- Racial, religious, cultural, sexual, physical, age-based, or any other form of intolerance.
- Creating or using an unauthorized additional account. Exceptions can be requested by messaging an Admin.
In rare, extreme circumstances, the process outlined above may be bypassed by means of an Advisory Panel vote to censure or, subsequently, ban a user. The rules governing this process can be found here.
🔄 Last Updated January 22nd, 2020