Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Found this dated July 2019. It's not mine so I am taking the date at face value. Seems like replacing them could very well have been part of the 20th refurb and possibly had a gap before it was finished.

Attachments

• 66250496_2397802887176016_1947315271240777728_o.jpg
    66250496_2397802887176016_1947315271240777728_o.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 4
They probably photoshopped the emblem out. Some would say it’s ‘noisy’ for a photo like that. They edited out a ton of things on that photo if I remember seeing a before and after correctly. (I would have kept the emblem, but whatever)

Screenshot_20200308-121038~2.png

@BGWnut thoughts?

This in response to a post that Apollo's may be down for the start of the year.

New computer system seems slightly different than routine maintenance parts.

And will this new computer system still be able to turn the lift music on?

Yes it's my understanding that is part of maintenance that had been planned for this off-season. Whether it's the delay I'm not sure. I just know that there was a delay in getting parts that they needed to complete their scheduled maintenance.

As far as the rest of Festa rides being down the only one I know for sure is down will be Roman Rapids but that's to be expected

New control system is a pretty big deal. Consign is probably working on it since I know they have exclusivity contracts with B&M and the parks have to use them for any major changes. Also, PLC technology has changed A LOT since 1999.

Aside from coaster parts, it may also "just" (a lot of work is involved) they're continuing to upgrade their park-wide systems. As @BGWnut can probably attest, some of the park phones, etc. are still on the original system, while some areas are on the newer VOIP/fiber optic (old system is 3### and new is 4###). Extending fiber optics also would allow for better POS and CCTV.

That is certainly very likely. The park does some work every year upgrading portions of their infrastructure.

My understanding of the phone lines is that if they are the 3xxx are the lines that are the newer VOIP/fiber lines. Someone else might find this interesting but the real difference between the two is that 3xxx numbers in park can all receive calls from an external call. While 4xxx numbers can only be reached through an in park phone call/being transferred from a different number.

New control system is a pretty big deal. Consign is probably working on it since I know they have exclusivity contracts with B&M and the parks have to use them for any major changes. Also, PLC technology has changed A LOT since 1999.

Not true, actually. Orion is not being programmed by Consign. My understanding is B&M recommends Consign but the parks are free to choose the lowest bidder make their own call.

That is certainly very likely. The park does some work every year upgrading portions of their infrastructure.

My understanding of the phone lines is that if they are the 3xxx are the lines that are the newer VOIP/fiber lines. Someone else might find this interesting but the real difference between the two is that 3xxx numbers in park can all receive calls from an external call. While 4xxx numbers can only be reached through an in park phone call/being transferred from a different number.

This is the same system GAdv has, however they are 2xxx and 3xxx.

Reactions: BGWnut

This is correct.
Both 3xxx and 4xxx can be VOIP or copper/analog, too.

Unrelated to the thread though, so back on topic.

Oops, got the 3xxx and the 4xxx reversed. And that 4xxx is a pain for the ops supervisors using the company cells as they have to call dispatch or ops to get connected to some rides. They used to have an access number they could dial to reach any extension. But, as always, the access number leaked and TMs were calling their friends from off site, etc.

Not true, actually. Orion is not being programmed by Consign. My understanding is B&M recommends Consign but the parks are free to choose the lowest bidder make their own call.
My info on that is from 2016, so it's possible that its changed. Heard from former Consign employee and current industry professional directly. Also, as of 2015, BGW maintenance (more specifically, the BGW PLC programmer at the time) was under the impression that any major changes had to go through consign before they were made. That's all I know. Maybe it different for new systems than changing old systems. Who is doing Orion? All the other recent CF B&Ms have been them.

Out of curiosity, if the old ride system works just fine even if it was built over 20 years ago, what is the benefit to updating/replacing it?

Edit: if it didn't work just fine, what was/were the issues?

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad