Existing Roller Coaster Apollo's Chariot

Login or Register to Hide This Ad

Applesauce

未来の月
May 22, 2010
Virginia Beach
Please let this conversation end already.

God forbid some ride ops try to do something fun to make their days go by faster, and it's otherwise well received by guests.

If its not offensive, as in not racist, sexist, etc, then just leave it be. We don't need to complain about every minor thing the ride ops do that day just to bring it up to continue to stir the pot of misery.

If you have a problem where it just ruins your day then go to Guest relations. Don't complain on here, then ask to record a video, record said video and share it. You're being just as trashy as you claim them to be.

lce

in the end i just want you to be happy
Silver Donor
Jan 5, 2018
Frederick, MD
Please let this conversation end already.

God forbid some ride ops try to do something fun to make their days go by faster, and it's otherwise well received by guests.

If its not offensive, as in not racist, sexist, etc, then just leave it be. We don't need to complain about every minor thing the ride ops do that day just to bring it up to continue to stir the pot of misery.

If you have a problem where it just ruins your day then go to Guest relations. Don't complain on here, then ask to record a video, record said video and share it. You're being just as trashy as you claim them to be.
Posts like this bug the shit out of me.

People are allowed to complain about whatever they want. That is like 80% of this forum. Just because you don't agree with the complaints doesn't mean you dictate when a conversation ends, and what people complain about on here. If you don't like the conversation, nobody is forcing you to participate.

Zachary

𝓡oyal 𝓜ango 𝓒réme Frappuccino Survivor
Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Newport News, VA
twitter.com
I personally don't like the idea of people posting videos of employees doing what I would consider to be misbehaving. That feels like some petty, name-and-shame, Facebook shit to me. If something rises to that level, I do think it's far more appropriate to just go up to guest services and write a complaint.

That said, I see no problem with the larger conversation here about the professionalism and general behavior of Apollo's ops lately. Taking that conversation from a broad overview of the issues down to a focus on an individual is where I'd draw the line.

Applesauce

未来の月
May 22, 2010
Virginia Beach

People are allowed to complain about whatever they want. That is like 80% of this forum. Just because you don't agree with the complaints doesn't mean you dictate when a conversation ends, and what people complain about on here. If you don't like the conversation, nobody is forcing you to participate.
The issue is, is this conversation has spread outside of this thread to at least two threads I've seen.

If this was contained to one thread then fine sure whatever. I'm mildly annoyed, but it's easily ignorable. But this has expanded beyond just people complaining about AC ride ops. And has begun beating the dead horse.

So again I repeat, instead of complaining and asking for a video of it happening and sharing said video. Go to guest relations and complain if it's really ruining your day that much. I'll question your judgement on what just is so bad that you felt the need to complain about it. But whatever floats your boat. It's none of my business.

And finally, if you have a problem with my posts, then block me. It'll make both of our forum experiences much better. And this goes to anyone, just block me.

Mar 16, 2016

I want to add, it doesn’t mean something hasn’t been said to BGW. Maybe we say something and don’t get a response we like. Maybe we write an email expressing our displeasure and get a response that says “thanks for your concern” and get no other response.

Again I’ve asked very politely a few times for music or the pre-recoded spiel, and got met with annoyance, eye rolls, and excuses of they don’t like it. And I’ve commented to the park it’s not that it’s not playing that bothers me, rather it’s the way the request is reacted too. And Apollo for some reason is the spot it’s the worst.

Zachary

𝓡oyal 𝓜ango 𝓒réme Frappuccino Survivor
Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Newport News, VA
twitter.com
The issue is, is this conversation has spread outside of this thread to at least two threads I've seen.

If this was contained to one thread then fine sure whatever. I'm mildly annoyed, but it's easily ignorable. But this has expanded beyond just people complaining about AC ride ops. And has begun beating the dead horse.
Full disclosure: There has been disagreement amongst the admin team on how to organize discussions on this topic. It's my reasoning that the issues being discussed, though similar, are also all dealing with ride-specific elements and hence, I think the discussions can be reasonably housed in each ride's thread. That said, I also see the counterargument that this is likely more of a systemic issue with the oversight and general storytelling philosophy inside BGW right now so maybe it should all be consolidated to give a more comprehensive view of the issues at hand.

Basically, the various off-shoots of this conversation may be merged at some point in the future—especially if the wave of critiques continues to make its way to additional attractions. (*cough* Loch Ness and Verbolten *cough*)

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2019
Apollo is down today with a sign and an employee stating wasps. Not sure where along the track they are a problem. Any ideas why this would constitute an all day closure?

I understand if it’s on a drop or at a higher elevation, it could be hard for maintenance to take care of, but I thought it was pretty common practice for maintenance to walk the entirety of the track every week or so to do a visual inspection, especially since Apollo doesn’t have any inversions. Maybe just not a priority since the end of the season is looming and festa isn’t open for most of it anyway?

Lord Robert

"Not pet. Wingman."
Apr 18, 2014
Awesome! Can't wait to ride it again this year to see the new fresh coat of paint everywhere. 🙂

Login or Register to Hide This Ad