Existing Roller Coaster Apollo's Chariot

Login or Register to Hide This Ad

Zachary

𝓡oyal 𝓜ango 𝓒réme Frappuccino Survivor
Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Newport News, VA
twitter.com
Question... Can anyone confirm whether or not all three Apollo trains had their ornamental zero car decorations last year? I just found this photo in BGW's press photos gallery...

E99E606F-CB52-4BBB-80A3-9D9DB692992E.jpeg

Please tell me train 3 wasn't running with a generic nose panel last summer...

• Wow
Reactions: belsaas and Joe
Feb 3, 2019
I'd like to think I would have noticed something like that. But I can't specifically say that's something I was looking for either.

Reactions: Zachary
Apr 22, 2012
Virginia
They probably photoshopped the emblem out. Some would say it’s ‘noisy’ for a photo like that. They edited out a ton of things on that photo if I remember seeing a before and after correctly. (I would have kept the emblem, but whatever)

Feb 3, 2019
Screenshot_20200308-121038~2.png

@BGWnut thoughts?

This in response to a post that Apollo's may be down for the start of the year.

New computer system seems slightly different than routine maintenance parts.

And will this new computer system still be able to turn the lift music on?

Sep 24, 2018
Yes it's my understanding that is part of maintenance that had been planned for this off-season. Whether it's the delay I'm not sure. I just know that there was a delay in getting parts that they needed to complete their scheduled maintenance.

As far as the rest of Festa rides being down the only one I know for sure is down will be Roman Rapids but that's to be expected

ControlsEE

I probably should be working...
Oct 2, 2018
New control system is a pretty big deal. Consign is probably working on it since I know they have exclusivity contracts with B&M and the parks have to use them for any major changes. Also, PLC technology has changed A LOT since 1999.

GrandpaD

Curve Flattener.
Aug 3, 2017
Newport News, VA
Aside from coaster parts, it may also "just" (a lot of work is involved) they're continuing to upgrade their park-wide systems. As @BGWnut can probably attest, some of the park phones, etc. are still on the original system, while some areas are on the newer VOIP/fiber optic (old system is 3### and new is 4###). Extending fiber optics also would allow for better POS and CCTV.

Sep 24, 2018
That is certainly very likely. The park does some work every year upgrading portions of their infrastructure.

My understanding of the phone lines is that if they are the 3xxx are the lines that are the newer VOIP/fiber lines. Someone else might find this interesting but the real difference between the two is that 3xxx numbers in park can all receive calls from an external call. While 4xxx numbers can only be reached through an in park phone call/being transferred from a different number.

b.mac

Wild Mouse Nerd
May 14, 2011
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
New control system is a pretty big deal. Consign is probably working on it since I know they have exclusivity contracts with B&M and the parks have to use them for any major changes. Also, PLC technology has changed A LOT since 1999.
Not true, actually. Orion is not being programmed by Consign. My understanding is B&M recommends Consign but the parks are free to choose the lowest bidder make their own call.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad