Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
The first entry in this thread is a WikiPost. As such, it can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.

Manufacturer
ZIERER

Model
Elevated Seating Coaster w/ Vertical Drop Element

Hamlet
Oktoberfest (Germany)

Official Opening
May 18, 2012

Soft Opening
May 11, 2012

Tallest Drop
88ft

Top Speed
53mph

Inversion Count

Launch Segments

Riders Per Train

Number of Trains

Height Requirement
48in

Verbolten is an indoor/outdoor ZIERER Elevated Seating Coaster that features a Vertical Drop Element. It officially opened in mid-May 2012 on the site formally occupied by the Arrow Suspended Coaster, Big Bad Wolf.

Videos​

Development Documentary​

Ride Recordings​

On-Ride Videos​

Backstage Footage​

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any actual proof other than a tweet from BGWFans? Also the pictures from one of your older posts related to the on ride POV aren't working.

Is there any actual proof other than a tweet from BGWFans? Also the pictures from one of your older posts related to the on ride POV aren't working.

Quote from the Verbolten fact sheet (attached):
Gerta and Gunter Schwartzwald are quirky siblings who own a quaint Bavarian visitor center and seemingly run the entire village, from the post office, garage and gift shop to their second floor hotel, the Black Forest Inn.

Here are screenshots from the now-defunct Verbolten on-ride video:

Image 18.png Image 19.png

And the Iceland Freeze bit of the puzzle was straight from the park at a media event. We asked explicitly how it was possible that Gerta and Gunter could have a snowboard-loving son named Hans given that they were siblings. The park didn't have an answer other than some joke about backwoods life.

THIS IS BGW LORE CANON.

Attachments

• 120511_verbolten_open_fs.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
“Quote from the Verbolten fact sheet (attached):
Gerta and Gunter Schwartzwald are quirky siblings who own a quaint Bavarian visitor center and seemingly run the entire village, from the post office, garage and gift shop to their second floor hotel, the Black Forest Inn.”
More importantly, how did we not know Verbolten is THE quirkiest ride at BGW?

Sorry @Zachary I should have specified that I knew they were related and siblings; I was curious to know if there was anything official about an intimate relationship between the two. However, the screenshots from the on-ride video makes it very evidently clear.

It is crazy to think the park planned that out. I would say that they were supposed to be lovers from the beginning, and maybe someone messed up the fact sheet and used siblings instead? Either way, it seems that there is no turning back now.

Reactions: Nicole and Zachary
Yeah, I have to assume that they were planned to be a couple early on in the ride's story development and then marketing decided pre-announcement that siblings sell better or something... But forgot to clean up the mess left behind by the original plans... And then in 2017 the poor Entertainment staff working on Food & Wine somehow found themselves basing their story on the original iteration of Verbolten's lore and gave them a son.

Yeah, I have to assume that they were planned to be a couple early on in the ride's story development and then marketing decided pre-announcement that siblings sell better or something... But forgot to clean up the mess left behind by the original plans... And then in 2017 the poor Entertainment staff working on Food & Wine somehow found themselves basing their story on the original iteration of Verbolten's lore and gave them a son.
Which I assume they only had to do because the frozen drink booth was originally Iceland, and someone pointed out how problematic that was.

Reactions: Nicole
Most common online belief is the "price tag" literally included BBW removal, taking down trees, the ride itself, station redesign, the show building, and possibly some Oktoberfest work.

Also the manufacturer was creating a ride that was a bit out of their wheelhouse, so I'm guessing there's more costs in the engineering for that.

And I thought the number being passed around also includes the entire Oktoberfest renovation too?

Reactions: AlpenChariot
Ha, HA, ha, HA, HA, Ha, Ha, HA, ha, HA, HA, Ha, Ha, HA, ha, HA, HA, Ha, Ha, HA, ha, HA, HA, Ha, Ha, HA, ha, HA, HA, Ha, *deep breath* Ha, HA, ha, HA, HA, Ha, Ha, HA, ha, HA, HA, Ha, Ha, HA, ha, HA, HA, Ha, Ha, HA, ha, HA, HA, Ha, ...If ONLY it were so.
"The Black Forest"?.jpg
Talk about creative license. Black Forest, indeed. In someone's dream.

Verbolten show building sucks (and always had, just look at the post grumbling that the show building was a lame warehouse even at the start of the thread), water wet. I still say if they won't make that show building look good inside and out (and play the sound of a roaring engine to cover up the painful LSM screech), that this ride should be demolished and S&S be ordered to rebuild the Wolf with sturdier track.

Status
The first entry in this thread is a WikiPost. As such, it can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad