Existing Roller Coaster Verbolten

Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Feb 14, 2019
IMO if this wasn't a coaster it would have been the second large show building in Germany to have permanently closed behind CoDK. However, until the ride ultimately comes to the end of it's service life (guessing at least another 10-15 years though what do I know) I don't think the park has any interest in doing anything major with it.

Would have been cool if they could integrate a blitz coaster with the 2021 concept in that space.

Connor

fanny pack enthusiast
Sep 20, 2013
Virginia
www.youtube.com
Verbolten show building sucks (and always had, just look at the post grumbling that the show building was a lame (and play the sound of a roaring engine to cover up the painful LSM screech)
I’ve always thought the hiss of the LSM are almost the spirit of the forest beckoning us in with a loud screech. The first few times I rode it I didn’t realize it was the actual launch system making that sound entering the show building. The sound combined with the launch and the visuals from the props can be overwhelming, when they work, and when they do it’s a rather layered thematic moment that has been unfortunately greatly watered down. It’s clever in my opinion, even if this wasn’t the intent, and on the second launch a tire squeal does play briefly following the drop track.

EDIT: @Joe we may have a bluetooth mindset 😳

Jul 15, 2019
i rode it today and for the general public they couldn’t notice a thing, their are minimal lights on and the effects still work like they did when the thing opened idk what the complaints are about, the ride is phenomenal

• Haha
Reactions: Thomas

Zachary

𝓡oyal 𝓜ango 𝓒réme Frappuccino Survivor
Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Newport News, VA
twitter.com
the effects still work like they did when the thing opened
This is objectively false. Whole panels of scenic have been removed since the ride opened—leaving unskinned light boxes hovering in the air and large sections of the event building left dark and unthemed. The light bleed through the building is also horrific now because of it.

Mwe BGW

RMC RMC Outlaw Run?!?!?!
Silver Donor
Jul 22, 2018
It was in horrible shape, all the floor spotlights were on and going around the turn into the drop track you could see the entire building and track

Mar 16, 2016
So sad, especially since its a ride based on atmosphere. In all honestly, I would rather see SEAS/BGW take a one year's rise budget and apply that over 2-3 years to refresh/upgrade/update theme elements of rides and paths. Yes, I know rides are paid by loan and not out of pocket, but the down payment amount could be used to do things like refresh Bolt, update EfP's effects, redo Festa Italia with new paint and design.

Reactions: tursiops
Login or Register to Hide This Ad