Existing Roller Coaster Verbolten

Login or Register to Hide This Ad

Connor

fanny pack enthusiast
Sep 20, 2013
Virginia
www.youtube.com
The Verbolten show building is still far, far from it’s state in 2012 or even 2014, but my rides last night were drastically different compared to Wednesday. The headlights were turning off before entering and then turning back on upon exiting, drop track had significantly more effects on, and the show building seemed slightly less gaudy. There’s still a lot of blank space in that building as it is, and there is still a good amount of bright, blank black light screens, but it was definitely an improvement in the amount of effects working compared to earlier in the week. The queue is still a mess however, none of the televisions were on in the travel center and Gunter’s office had some footage with some televisions being left blank. The station also didn’t have any of the screens working, but I think this may be because they are only using one station. The longevity of this ride really scares me, it has a lot of moving parts and is a fairly complicated ride to maintain, and that’s not something the park is notoriously good at upkeeping. I just really hope in the next five or ten years they give this ride a thorough refurbishment, maybe throw in some project mapping in the show building, or just restore the ride even somewhat close to its original glory, rather than let it slide the way of DK.

Jul 7, 2019
The Verbolten show building is still far, far from it’s state in 2012 or even 2014, but my rides last night were drastically different compared to Wednesday. The headlights were turning off before entering and then turning back on upon exiting, drop track had significantly more effects on, and the show building seemed slightly less gaudy. There’s still a lot of blank space in that building as it is, and there is still a good amount of bright, blank black light screens, but it was definitely an improvement in the amount of effects working compared to earlier in the week. The queue is still a mess however, none of the televisions were on in the travel center and Gunter’s office had some footage with some televisions being left blank. The station also didn’t have any of the screens working, but I think this may be because they are only using one station. The longevity of this ride really scares me, it has a lot of moving parts and is a fairly complicated ride to maintain, and that’s not something the park is notoriously good at upkeeping. I just really hope in the next five or ten years they give this ride a thorough refurbishment, maybe throw in some project mapping in the show building, or just restore the ride even somewhat close to its original glory, rather than let it slide the way of DK.
I think what they should do is hold off 2 years and wait for Bolty’s 10th anniversary to do a refurbishment.

Oct 22, 2019
Ah. Gerta Schwartzwald.
The audio was working in the queue today, and the security camera footage in the gatehouse toward the end was operating, but indeed the video screens in the travel agency were off.

Highlight for me today was when a couple got very upset when the ride op was interrupting the pre-recorded spiels before and after the ride for some reason and were like “WHERE WAS AUF WIEDERSEN” and so ride op put on a falsetto and did it for them.

Feb 14, 2019
Out of curiosity what was the op interrupting for? Was it a necessary break or they just did their own speils?

That's the downside to autospeils that become somewhat iconic, people begin to expect them. At least it wasn't that big a deal for ops to do their own 'Enjoy traveling at the speed of fright' lines.

Oct 22, 2019
Out of curiosity what was the op interrupting for? Was it a necessary break or they just did their own speils?

That's the downside to autospeils that become somewhat iconic, people begin to expect them. At least it wasn't that big a deal for ops to do their own 'Enjoy traveling at the speed of fright' lines.
He was basically just doing his own spiel, and mentioning Halloween Harvest specifically, but why was unclear - he stopped as I was departing because he was talking to someone in the booth.

Mar 16, 2016
Nothing bugs me more that not using pre-recorded spiels, not using the full functionality of audio, and overzealous ride ops of forcing people to certain rows when it's not needed.

Reactions: BGWnut
Feb 14, 2019
Nothing bugs me more that not using pre-recorded spiels, not using the full functionality of audio, and overzealous ride ops of forcing people to certain rows when it's not needed.
Sometimes I've had really good experiences with live op spiels, though that's when it's enthusiastic and interactive with the crowd - hyping up the ride. But otherwise, if it's the same safety message by a bored sounding op then they should, by all means, use the thematically appropriate auto-spiel.

Mar 16, 2016
Sometimes I've had really good experiences with live op spiels, though that's when it's enthusiastic and interactive with the crowd - hyping up the ride. But otherwise, if it's the same safety message by a bored sounding op then they should, by all means, use the thematically appropriate auto-spiel.
The problem I have is, and I’ve heard it at multiple rides and reported it, that they say the auto-spiel is annoying. Well sorry....it’s about the guests not you. They should have to go through training and something like improv training to be able to do it.

But on the flip side you get people like I had on LNM once that had a ride op that held us back (there wasn’t really a line) because we wouldn’t yell loud enough.

Jan 7, 2014
Centreville, VA
As a former employee at BGW. When I worked on LNM, they wanted us to manually spiel (and unfortunately do the try to cheer before riding bs) instead of using the pre-recording. I think it all depends on the manager of that area. Cause you're right, what's the point of having a themed spiel if they aren't going to use it? Especially since the Verbolten one is the most themed at the park.

Mar 16, 2016
As a former employee at BGW. When I worked on LNM, they wanted us to manually spiel (and unfortunately do the try to cheer before riding bs) instead of using the pre-recording. I think it all depends on the manager of that area. Cause you're right, what's the point of having a themed spiel if they aren't going to use it? Especially since the Verbolten one is the most themed at the park.
And I get that. I really do, but like you said, this is a highly themed ride and that spiel is a big part of it.

That day was bad, there was only like 8 of us on the train about another 10 waiting and they wanted everyone to be yelling as loud a possible. Sometimes places have the auto-spiel play with a chance for a vamp at the end if the ride ops need some time. Maybe it's time that BGW did something like that. The fact the BGW is a bit inconsistent from area to area with how they approach that and it seems to be a supervisors call is a touch annoying. They should have a park wide approach to it.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad