Existing Roller Coaster Verbolten

Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Apr 16, 2017
Is there any actual proof other than a tweet from BGWFans? Also the pictures from one of your older posts related to the on ride POV aren't working.

Zachary

𝓡oyal 𝓜ango 𝓒réme Frappuccino Survivor
Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Newport News, VA
twitter.com
Is there any actual proof other than a tweet from BGWFans? Also the pictures from one of your older posts related to the on ride POV aren't working.

Quote from the Verbolten fact sheet (attached):
Gerta and Gunter Schwartzwald are quirky siblings who own a quaint Bavarian visitor center and seemingly run the entire village, from the post office, garage and gift shop to their second floor hotel, the Black Forest Inn.

Here are screenshots from the now-defunct Verbolten on-ride video:

Image 18.png Image 19.png

And the Iceland Freeze bit of the puzzle was straight from the park at a media event. We asked explicitly how it was possible that Gerta and Gunter could have a snowboard-loving son named Hans given that they were siblings. The park didn't have an answer other than some joke about backwoods life.

THIS IS BGW LORE CANON.

Attachments

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2013
Virginia
www.youtube.com
“Quote from the Verbolten fact sheet (attached):
Gerta and Gunter Schwartzwald are quirky siblings who own a quaint Bavarian visitor center and seemingly run the entire village, from the post office, garage and gift shop to their second floor hotel, the Black Forest Inn.”
More importantly, how did we not know Verbolten is THE quirkiest ride at BGW?

Apr 16, 2017
Sorry @Zachary I should have specified that I knew they were related and siblings; I was curious to know if there was anything official about an intimate relationship between the two. However, the screenshots from the on-ride video makes it very evidently clear.

It is crazy to think the park planned that out. I would say that they were supposed to be lovers from the beginning, and maybe someone messed up the fact sheet and used siblings instead? Either way, it seems that there is no turning back now.

Reactions: Nicole and Zachary

Zachary

𝓡oyal 𝓜ango 𝓒réme Frappuccino Survivor
Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Newport News, VA
twitter.com
Yeah, I have to assume that they were planned to be a couple early on in the ride's story development and then marketing decided pre-announcement that siblings sell better or something... But forgot to clean up the mess left behind by the original plans... And then in 2017 the poor Entertainment staff working on Food & Wine somehow found themselves basing their story on the original iteration of Verbolten's lore and gave them a son.

belsaas

Prince Ludwig is my Daddy
Silver Donor
Yeah, I have to assume that they were planned to be a couple early on in the ride's story development and then marketing decided pre-announcement that siblings sell better or something... But forgot to clean up the mess left behind by the original plans... And then in 2017 the poor Entertainment staff working on Food & Wine somehow found themselves basing their story on the original iteration of Verbolten's lore and gave them a son.
Which I assume they only had to do because the frozen drink booth was originally Iceland, and someone pointed out how problematic that was.

Reactions: Nicole
Login or Register to Hide This Ad