Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Where does this rank among other b&m hypers for you guys? I don't have an opinion as this is the only hyper I've been on.

Where does this rank among other b&m hypers for you guys? I don't have an opinion as this is the only hyper I've been on.
UNPOPULAR OPINION ALERT- it's my least favorite of the three I've been on (the other two being Mako and Goliath at SFOG). It has a great setting, and the first drop in the back is killer, but everything else about Apollo just... under-delivers for me. It's not a bad ride by any means, and I understand why people like it, but for me, it's far from the best.

Reactions: BenWilkerson
UNPOPULAR OPINION ALERT- it's my least favorite of the three I've been on (the other two being Mako and Goliath at SFOG). It has a great setting, and the first drop in the back is killer, but everything else about Apollo just... under-delivers for me. It's not a bad ride by any means, and I understand why people like it, but for me, it's far from the best.
it's a great floater machine but it has been outdone by more modern negative g machines. For pure weightless-ness, its still hard to beat.

Reactions: BenWilkerson

Fun fact: Those are the only two B&M hypers I've ridden that I rate above Apollo. ? Nitro is close, but I give the edge to Apollo because of its setting. Intrimidator and Diamondback both suck if you ask me.

Fun fact: Those are the only two B&M hypers I've ridden that I rate above Apollo. ? Nitro is close, but I give the edge to Apollo because of its setting. Intrimidator and Diamondback both suck if you ask me.
You mean diamondstack?

Ok, all important question before I answer:
Griffon and Valravn are technically dive coasters, but also over 200 feet in drop technically also making them hypers.

But if it were up to me....2nd behind Nitro, just above Behemoth and Goliath (SFoG)

Ok, all important question before I answer:
Griffon and Valravn are technically dive coasters, but also over 200 feet in drop technically also making them hypers.

But if it were up to me....2nd behind Nitro, just above Behemoth and Goliath (SFoG)

You're missing one key ingredient. A hyper does not have inversions.

I think the question here is about specifically B&M Hypers (the coaster model) vs B&M-made hyper coasters (coasters with 200+ ft drops manufactured by B&M)

Reactions: Brambo
You're missing one key ingredient. A hyper does not have inversions.

That's technically incorrect. A hyper coaster is just distinguished as a coaster with a drop over 200 feet and is a complete circuit. B&M's product listing has no inversions to distinguish between models.

Apollo outshines Mako for me because I prefer the gentler, more sustained floater air of Apollo. Mako is a great coaster, but the airtime seemed to come in shorter and more forceful bursts; not quite ejector, but not quite floater either. On Apollo, if you ride just right, there are points where you can count to 5 and not even touch the seat while you're counting. That's some badass floater airtime right there.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad