Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
So, Fiber Optics will decrease the price to run Apollo’s because it’s not electricity it’s light. Also the fiber optics should last the rest of the coasters life time unless the cable is severed.

Isn't that going to also require new components to support sending and decoding the light signals too?

Isn't that going to also require new components to support sending and decoding the light signals too?
Most likely so. I could be totally wrong because I’m not an expert in that field. I only know the basics of how it works. But I do know that if a fiber optic cable gets severed at all its game over. I’m pretty sure the whole wire would need to be replaced.

I'd assume that won't be much of a problem as long as they don't stick cables in the way of anything that could slice them.

Maybe that may also have an impact on capacity too?

Given the current state of capacity restrictions and the park actively sticking to the other side, now's as good a time as any. They may have lucked out if the install crew would usually be booked up during the winter off-season.

I really hate that ride ops can turn it off because they get annoyed with it. IM SORRY BUT ITS ABOUT THE GUEST NOT YOU YOU ASSHOLES.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

THIS. You chose to work at a THEME park. Why not just replace the polka music in Rhinefeld with pop music? I’m sure that gets annoying for employees too!

Reactions: Le Moose
Sounds like theres a good possibility we wont see Apollo until 2021 if they are using this downtime to retrofit the controls and onboard network
This should tied into the work that happened this past off-season that updated infrastructure around the ride

With the new fiber optics, maybe they can repurpose some of the old cable to run speakers down the length of the track for the full orchestral score?

Reactions: Mwe BGW
To be clear, I wouldn't have as much of a problem with it, if the music started as soon as the train left the station and was actually synced to the ride. Instead of making it half way up and the track just... Ends and then repeats.

But beyond that, I don't find the lift music that great, it's like the song's build up doesn't fit to the rest. It's too steady and calm for an up and down, loss of control, themed ride.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad