I will say that I do think there are two sides of this story and neither is completely in the right. The ride has issues, they need to be addressed, its good that six flags is being held accountable for it. HOWEVER, the media is clearly also trying to sensationalize this to generate more attention because thats what they do. I've seen a few articles leave out the fact that these riders had pre existing conditions and PROBABLY shouldn't have ridden X2. It's kinda similar to what happened with Stardust Racers, although here Six Flags is more at fault than Universal was because its clear that this ride has been in need of serious TLC and Six Flags kicked the can down the road.I'd like to nip this terrible mentality right in the bud.
Multiple people have clearly been hurt on X2. The media coverage will help hold the park accountable for that in a way that benefits everyone if safety issues are addressed and remedied.
That's not bait or anything to be demeaned, that's a public service. Otherwise, if Six Flags had its way, it would want to sweep this under the rug for as long as possible through quiet court settlements.
If your first thought in this is "I must protect Six Flags," I would suggest your priorities are out of order.
The current administration did commit to doing a full Intamin retrack of El Toro despite that being a costly endeavor that is not the most marketable to a general audience. To me, this does show a commitment to park icons. I don't think it's completely out of the question for them to do a full retrack/refurb of X2. It doesn't really get more iconic than that coaster when it comes to Six Flags coasters. Heck, if they altered the last 1/3 of the ride to remedy the volleying issues and make that part of the layout more interesting they could brand the coaster X3 and get a lot of attention.It really does remind me of El Toro's derailment. The difference being nobody died on Toro and the previous management was clearly more willing to spend money to keep their iconic coasters in operation. Had Toro had its accidents under the current management team I don't think it would still be in operation.
I do see your point, however I do feel like we have to point out that retracking woodies and steel coasters are fundamentally different. Wooden coasters need to be retracked at some point, it's not a choice when you buy one it's just something you have to do. The fact that they decided to go with Intamin is interesting because they could've just put titan track on it and called it a day, but they put in the extra effort.The current administration did commit to doing a full Intamin retrack of El Toro despite that being a costly endeavor that is not the most marketable to a general audience. To me, this does show a commitment to park icons. I don't think it's completely out of the question for them to do a full retrack/refurb of X2. It doesn't really get more iconic than that coaster when it comes to Six Flags coasters. Heck, if they altered the last 1/3 of the ride to remedy the volleying issues and make that part of the layout more interesting they could brand the coaster X3 and get a lot of attention.
A retracking is not cheap but a coaster with the same uniqueness and draw as X2 would cost a lot more than a full retrack of their incredibly popular existing ride. It's definitely not a given since the complexity of the ride makes it very maintenance intensive (same reason Ka was removed), but there is a valid argument for it.
Care to provide some evidence that these riders had pre-existing conditions that could've plausibly caused traumatic brain injuries?HOWEVER, the media is clearly also trying to sensationalize this to generate more attention because thats what they do. I've seen a few articles leave out the fact that these riders had pre existing conditions and PROBABLY shouldn't have ridden X2
I am quite honestly sick of AI. Please bring back creative originality made by humans! It's not even close to reality in some of this AI crap!:
View attachment 44527
what if this is not ai slop but rather a concept art for six flags to change the coaster to just a sit down ride and not a free spin ride disguised as ai slop *the x (no pun intended) files music plays*
Ambulance-chasing lawyers give actual lawyers a bad rap... to the point where I would trust a Golden retriver to represent me in court over someone like them:
View attachment 44527
what if this is not ai slop but rather a concept art for six flags to change the coaster to just a sit down ride and not a free spin ride disguised as ai slop *the x (no pun intended) files music plays*
Thats what my money would be on. Unless they announce on site hotels somewhereJust a guess, but I wonder if it has to do with Arie Force One.
We use essential cookies to make this site work, and optional cookies to enhance your experience.