Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I'm very taken by this statement:
"While X2 consistently passed a multitude of safety tests, we have decided to close the ride because we believe it’s the right thing to do. Ride safety is a cornerstone of our business, and when we see guest confidence affected, we take it seriously."

Wonder if it is PR talking or if they knew that it may technically pass tests but it still beats the hell out of people.
I took it as “The ride is safe, but we know people don’t see it that way, so it’s become bad for our brand.”
 
I’m a longtime Arrow fan. But it’s clear the public perception wasn’t going to be recoverable. So let me just say #SaveViper #SaveNinja. I don’t know if I could take the losses.

I'd assume both are definitely still at risk but I do feel better about their chances now. Hopefully Six Flags learned their lesson regarding the mass cullings and they let Ninja, Viper, and Gold Rusher have some more time ~sunsetting~ but honestly I don't think any of them run super poorly. Viper is obviously quite intense but not the worst of Arrows imo. I'm not by any means comparing SFMM Viper to El Toro as a ride here, but spatially, the removal of Viper and X2 at once or in quick succession would have a massive visual impact probably as bad as closing El Toro and Kingda Ka at once. Of course it's totally possible they do it anyway and put slopspire 2 (or even a good Mack spinner!) in their places but I hope the new company isn't gonna spam clones like they used to (I wouldn't complain about a custom UNIDIRECTIONAL FULL CIRCUIT terrain layout, but it's not ~my~ park)
 
No matter how the injuries actually happened, if one ride could have this many pile up, I think it was time to close it.

It's probably very unlikely, but it'd be really, really cool to see an Axis replace it eventually. Replacing a 4D with a 4D would be rad. But also, I can see the park not wanting to do that considering the reputation that label might have over here now.
 
It’s kind of sad to see this go, and I never got to ride it unfortunately, but I’m also not surprised.

I have a feeling that nothing will truly replace X2. However, how would we feel if something like this replaced it?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Direct Link to Embedded Media Source
 
The fall of my 100th credit, on my 35th birthday...It really feels like the end of an era. I am thankful I got to ride it once in 2017, my trip being driven by wanting to ride Viper and Ninja before they're gone. Sad to see X2 fall before them.

Don't speak Viper's death into existence
The only way I'd be happy with Viper's demise is if a proper giga, ideally with inversions, goes there. With X2 and Viper gone, following Viper's lift hill would give sufficient height for a giga.

No one-trick-pony dive, no shuttle cop-out, a full coaster experience ideally with a lift hill.
 
It will be missed, I respect what it meant to the community but it’s the one ride I probably would have never ridden. I had chances to ride it but I’m overly cautious when it comes to my head after getting a lot of concussions when I was younger. All those stories of banging your head against the seat back and seeing stars deterred me enough to skip it. I know it’d have been unlikely but any impact to my head would make me upset enough to regret making the choice to ride it.

If I ever make it out to Japan, I hope to ride Eejanaika though.
 
It’s kind of sad to see this go, and I never got to ride it unfortunately, but I’m also not surprised.

I have a feeling that nothing will truly replace X2. However, how would we feel if something like this replaced it?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Direct Link to Embedded Media Source

Something like this in X2s plot and

Maybe a B&M Giga Dive in Vipers plot.

And you have a deal
 
  • Dislike
Reactions: YachtyLogs
Sad to see X2 go, but honestly, I saw it coming from a mile away.

X2 was easily one of the best/worst roller coasters ever made.

Best because it was one of the most batshit crazy concepts ever actually followed through all the way. It lasted much longer than it probably should have, and it stood completely on its own for so many years.

Worst because of how fucking painful the sumbitch was.

And then there’s the fact that X2 was basically Arrow’s downfall. What a way to go out.

X2 will be talked about for a long, long time.

It will be missed. Insanity is really the only word that feels right for it. Anyone who loved X2 for what it was, myself included, is probably just as insane. And honestly, that’s what made X2 so special.

No ride will ever truly live up to X2, and no ride will ever offer that same completely out-of-control experience.

And that’s alright.

We’ve come a long way.

Thank you, X2. You absolute fucking monster.
 
Very sad this is the ultimate fate of one of the most unique coasters of the 2000s, but I'm not entirely surprised given the circumstances at present. While it wasn't my favorite ride at the park, it was one I enjoyed quite a bit and made a point to ride on pretty much any visit when the line wasn't over an hour. I will say that from what I've heard, the park tried really hard to find a pathway to reopening the ride, but the clock unfortunately ran out before a solution acceptable to all parties involved could be found. I hope this doesn't wind up being a black mark that craters attendance as X2 was the biggest draw for the public, but fortunately they've got a very novel attraction debuting next year that might soften the blow somewhat.
 
IIRC wasn’t X (later X2) places where it was to be a visual presence at the park entrance where cars come in? I think a great next generation of that would be to flip that idea and put whatever comes next at the physical ticket entrance and run up along there.

Does anyone know what the land ownership area around them looks like?
 
My personal opinion...X2 will not be replaced by anything. That lot will be left bare for a long, long time. This isn't the only spot the park has to add a new ride. And it will be very expensive to both remove and build a worthy successor.

Hopefully I'm wrong. But I just don't see it, unless there was already a plan .
 
Last edited:
My personal opinion...X2 will not be replaced by anything. That lot will be left bare for a long, long time. This isn't the only spot the park has to add a new ride. And it will be very expensive to both remove and build a worthy successor.

Hopefully I'm wrong. But I just don't see it, unless there was already a plan .
I disagree 1000% because of WHERE it's located... it will stand out like a sore thumb when guests drive into the park
 
  • Like
Reactions: SweetBabyJames
My personal opinion...X2 will not be replaced by anything. That lot will be left bare for a long, long time. This isn't the only spot the park has to add a new ride. And it will be very expensive to both remove and build a worthy successor.

Hopefully I'm wrong. But I just don't see it, unless there was already a plan .


There are two options I see happening here tbch but both involve the closure of Viper too

1. B&M Giga Dive (Taller/Faster/Longer Tormenta) in Viper’s plot/Worlds Longest Mack Xtreme Spinner in X2s plot
2. Use both Viper and X2s plot to create an out of this world traditional Terrain Giga Coaster
 
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad