Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

CoasterAuditor

Theme parks are cool
Jul 5, 2017
Richmond, VA
holy shit GIF

So I rode X2 last week. Um this ride is deeply demented and I want one on the east coast and that desire only brings me sadness because I know it's not happening. This ride is................I thought I305 and Skyrush were "intense" in the past. This is different. This is like "I hope this weird chest thing doesn't come loose while my lower half appears to be.....um flopping around aggressively whenever I am weightless on this.............contraption.

X2 is the perfect ride to see when you first arrive at Magic Mountain because it represents the extremeness of the park itself with its insane amount of fun coasters to check out. Going into my California trip I had ridden 237 roller coasters total and I knew X2 was going to very much "feel different" from anything I've ever experienced and I still wasn't ready for the moment that seat flipped me to go face down that drop into an somersault at the bottom to go soaring up that massive raven turn. You do NOT feel secure on this coaster like most coasters. That is the key thing to consider when to imagine what the attraction is like. There is obviously the large seat that you're in and the large shoulder harness you strap into. The harness only constricts your torso. There is no restraining force whatsoever on the bottom 60% of your body. This leaves you feeling like you're about to fall out at several moments during this ride. The ride is certainly NOT the smoothest coaster and the seats frequently jostle at various moments. I noticed a correlation where if you board the side facing the road into the park the ride experience is a bit smoother, this also applies to the inside seats of the car versus the outside seats. It's not for everyone and it blows my mind a 48 inch tall child can ride this............thing. I loved it, what a hell of a rush honestly. I was never used to it on my repeat rides it felt insane and unpredictable each of the 6 laps we took during the visit including EPIC night rides. If you want "extreme" this is certainly for you!

Alright I am done praising X2, gonna go browse flights to Japan for no specific reason......

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad