I think we may see an increase in ambulance chasing lawyers filing or threatening to file suits in hopes of quick settlements - pretty sure that's what happened when someone complained about a potential injury sustained from an aggressive stop on AC's MCBR or ready brakes. Whether companies want to fight or settle is up to them - even if they win a fight they may lose customers, if they lose a fight then they may have to accept the blame, and if they settle then there may be a perception of a problem still existing.
However, if X2 actually has a deficiency that can cause injury, even if it's not necessarily the root cause of the injuries in these suits, then the owner has the decision of the removing the deficiency or scrapping the ride.
These people who allegedly suffered debilitating injuries from X2 could implicate the park for operating unsafe rides and cause huge attendance drops among other things, yet it's also up to independent qualified inspectors to make that determination.
A generally rough ride on its own usually has little ridership and thus little to no ROI to keep in operation, so I wouldn't worry about a mass shutdown of rides that aren't already being closed because of that.
I would be concerned if rides previously thought of as safe were found to no longer be and kept in operation, though I would hope the industry learned a lot from SoB, the Smiler, and the drop tower in Orlando.
However, if X2 actually has a deficiency that can cause injury, even if it's not necessarily the root cause of the injuries in these suits, then the owner has the decision of the removing the deficiency or scrapping the ride.
These people who allegedly suffered debilitating injuries from X2 could implicate the park for operating unsafe rides and cause huge attendance drops among other things, yet it's also up to independent qualified inspectors to make that determination.
A generally rough ride on its own usually has little ridership and thus little to no ROI to keep in operation, so I wouldn't worry about a mass shutdown of rides that aren't already being closed because of that.
I would be concerned if rides previously thought of as safe were found to no longer be and kept in operation, though I would hope the industry learned a lot from SoB, the Smiler, and the drop tower in Orlando.
Last edited: