I have been to over a hundred parks (including every Six Flags property), and despite its flaws I consider Magic Mountain a top twenty park amongst those (as well as my favorite legacy Six Flags property). The park has three coasters I consider to be in my top 50 on a list of more than 700 (Tatsu, Twisted Colossus, and X2), a feat shared by only three other parks (Cedar Point, Hersheypark, and Kings Island), but more than that there isn't a coaster I dislike at the park (which is something I can't say about those other three). No, the park doesn't have 6,000 ft. long, 300 ft. tall coasters, nor does it necessarily have the best version of the more common models, but it has an extremely varied collection with a lot of one of a kind rides (especially when restricted to North America). It's totally valid if that's not what you prefer when it comes to coasters, but acting like it's not a top tier lineup or there aren't multiple travel-worthy rides at the park is a pretty wild take IMO.
Regarding X2 (since this isn't the SFMM opinions thread), I really think all the talk of the coaster's demise is a bit premature, but at the same time I won't deny that the events currently in progress are abnormal. Generally, when an accident occurs in the state of California that requires hospitalization, the attraction is shut down and inspected, but if everything is working as it should be the ride is cleared to reopen. The fact that we're now nearly two months in and there hasn't been a peep is certainly a concerning sign, and I'm hopeful it's more a case of all parties involved being extremely thorough (the incident did occur on the train that just came back from S&S, after all) rather than a case of something being found that puts the attraction's safety into question. The ride is very rough and extremely aggressive, there's no question about that, but it's also one that thousands of people have ridden every operating day for over two decades without issue.
I think what happens to the coaster is going to be largely decided by the findings of the investigation and what modifications (if any) are mandated prior to the ride reopening. I don't see the park giving up on the coaster just because of PR, as to this day it remains the most popular attraction in the park in guest surveys. However, if either the state or insurers mandate significant modifications to the attraction, especially modifications with a fairly high price tag, I could see that being justification for Six Flags to pull the plug on the ride. No coaster is going to live forever, but if X2 was considered at risk, they wouldn't have spent several million dollars on giving the trains full rebuilds.