Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Does anyone even get to see anything in that "museum"? If not how is it different from a junk yard. A junk yard you can't go to.

Does anyone even get to see anything in that "museum"? If not how is it different from a junk yard. A junk yard you can't go to.
Unfortunately, not yet. Their initial goal was to build a storage facility to preserve these pieces. They are currently fundraising to build a public exhibit area. And it's different in that these pieces aren't being scrapped, they are being archived so that they will be viewable in the future.

Well that's exactly how the ride was taken down. Steel cutters and claws ripping it down.

Looks like KD only donated that one piece of track and the one car, unless there's another shipment coming in the future.

Reactions: Zachary
I just figured they would take a plasma cutter or oxyacetelene torch to it.

Well that's exactly how the ride was taken down. Steel cutters and claws ripping it down.

Looks like KD only donated that one piece of track and the one car, unless there's another shipment coming in the future.
That usually about all they get from the coasters.

Reactions: Mushroom
Random thought: given how CF has partnerships with real restaurants in their parks and KD has a history of having foods from restaurant brands, it's a wonder that this ride wasn't somehow tied to a Jimmy Buffet franchise with the song Volcano. It would have changed the atmosphere a little but instead of Africa it could have been made Caribbean (Avalanche gets rethemed to something related?)

I love Jimmy too much for that. Although if they made the food stand there a mini-Margaritaville I would approve.

Wonder why they'd keep them on-site like that if there aren't any plans to reuse them in some way. I don't think the parts are generally compatible with most other Intamin inverts that came later?

Maybe they could find a way to incorporate them into a Haunt production (show or maze), though I'd guess they'll probably just continue deteriorating outside where they sit.

Volcano’s old trains were used as parts for Kings Island’s Drop Tower. KD will probably do what they did with Shockwave’s trains and strip everything down to the last bolt and scrap whatever is left after that.

Reactions: JohnKell
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad