Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
It should be noted all the aggregate in near distance of the new bathrooms got replaced. The only thing is that this isn't the gray-ish colored aggregate that is used in the rest of New France. I don't mind it because it's new and isn't severely cracked like almost every other area of aggregate in the park. It kind of contrasts with the rest of the aggregate in New France as seen in this picture:

pTPvSb8.jpg

The new building is beautiful. It reminds me very strongly of a Swiss chalet. Maybe planning for future changes?? Probably just similar architecture.

Reactions: CastleOSullivan
I wonder if New France was ever supposed to be Switzerland. The bridge between New France and Rhinefeld is a replica of the middle bridge from a series of bridges that goes from the old German town of Bad Säckingen to an old Swiss town. Could this have been the original plans for this area?

Reactions: Mushroom
I believe back when AB owned the parks fully, converting New France to Switzerland was one of their plans; however, it was one of their plans that just never happened, most likely because of the sale.

As much as i love new France, i would still love for this to happen. New France is one of my favorite sections, but it's still not Europe. You could leave the character intact with a Swiss remake. Lots of similar architecture and terrain. Plus it fits geographically between France and Germany and has many culinary delights.

But before they dared mess with new France i would hope they fixed that joke of a hamlet in festa!

Reactions: Mushroom
Yes, there were serious plans for a New France retheme under AB.

Fun fact: That planned hamlet was to include BGW's drop tower. When things slowed down under InBev, those plans were put on the back burner. When Blackstone showed up with full pockets, BGW was already due for an e-ticket so they put all their money onto Oktoberfest. The rest is history. Those concepts do still exist of course, but, like many passed park projects, the chances of them seeing the light of day seems slim.

CX6w38e.jpg

A seemingly countless amount of these benches have popped up all over New France this season. Although, I won't complain, they seem very fitting for the hamlet.

Which has actually made me wonder if the park has been going for thematic benches across the park, even if it does just have to do with color. There are green ones in Heatherdowns, red in Banbury Cross, concrete specially designed ones in San Marco, blue ones in Festa, brown painted wooden ones in Oktoberfest/Rhinefeld, and now these uniquely designed ones in New France. Just something I noticed, maybe I'm looking into things too much. :p

Zachary said:
Yes, there were serious plans for a New France re-theme under AB.

Fun fact: That planned hamlet was to include BGW's drop tower. When things slowed down under InBev, those plans were put on the back burner. When Blackstone showed up with full pockets, BGW was already due for an e-ticket so they put all their money onto Oktoberfest. The rest is history. Those concepts do still exist of course, but, like many passed park projects, the chances of them seeing the light of day seems slim.
Whaa, nothing was ever planned for New France..
Concept-Drop-Tower.jpg

I remember talking to an employee back in early 2008 and he told me New France was about to see some major changes especially in the Canadian Paladium area.  After taking a tour in 2013 an employee told me a drop tower was meant for that specific location but wouldn't fit due to the size of the area. Oh and if were sharing lost concepts from AB that never saw the light of day...
Concept-Coaster.jpg

Just before(well, 1-2 months) the time of year where the weather begins to cool down, the park has filed a permit for a gas fireplace to be put in the vacant fireplace attached to the new restroom building in New France. Honestly, I would've preferred they had done this last year, or when they were building the new restrooms, but I guess better late than never.

Here's a picture of the permit:

yrmibnA.jpg

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad