Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I am sure that the logs where treated before the arrived at the park. I think that would be normal practice for this type of construction. I myself would like to see something other than the gray/black/tan painted logs that the rest of the village is in. As I said before, not everyone in a town paints/varnish/seals/stains their property the same color/texture/style.

Wow, a lot of arguing over just a pee house.

I could care less if they painted it purple, as long as the toilets flush and there isn't a line to get in.  I've never been at Busch Gardens and said to myself "I'm not peeing there, the wood is an "off gray".

If these are real logs, it's normally best practice not to seal them right away, as a sealant can actually trap existing moisture in the log, causing even more rot over time.  If these are processed, like a facade, that's a different story, and you have more options.

I would let them get the last board nailed up before voicing too many concerns.  Whether it's painted, stained, varnished, gray, tan or rotted, I'm sure it will serve its purpose.  It's a bathroom. (Did you get the part about it being a "bathroom?"  :)

Malsdad said:
I could care less if they painted it purple, as long as the toilets flush and there isn't a line to get in.  

The issue doesn't lie with the purpose the building serves. If the building were painted purple (I assume you were exaggerating, but I'll go with what you said because I know how much people here hate it when conclusions are drawn over "assumptions"), or red whatever, the entire surrounding look of the area would look terrible. I actually have confidence that the new building will look fine, but I honestly do not understand what happened to people's appreciation for the look and theme of an area. It only takes one "off" thing to say "goodbye Trapper's Village, hello... whatever this is!" Check out Kings Dominion's Safari Village area near the Backlot Stunt Coaster if you would like an example. Immersion is an important trait for a place like Busch Gardens, and with more and more things that stick out, the experience will be lessened.

Also, just a friendly tip, I think you meant "I couldn't care less." Always a good idea to re-read what you've written before you post. ;)

I don't know that all of the buildings need to be the same color or exactly the same style, but they should all look like they belong in a Canadian outpost/village. It is a theme park, after all.

Since this village would probably have been relatively new (unlike Banbury Cross, which could logically have a mix of architectural styles), they probably should look as if they were built in an outpost at roughly the same time, using the same locally-available resources/building materials.

Outhouse%201.jpg

and the Interior view.....

1880_town_outhouse.jpg

REALISM!!!!

I have a question, and I honestly do not mean for it to be insulting- this is an honest question. Why wouldn't some of you all care if they painted the building purple? I, personally, am struggling to see what would make the park special if the immersive theming was lost to things like that.

Joe said:
I have a question, and I honestly do not mean for it to be insulting- this is an honest question. Why wouldn't some of you all care if they painted the building purple? I, personally, am struggling to see what would make the park special if the immersive theming was lost to things like that.

^Just wait...soon there will be purple EVERYWHERE!  And of course, I, The Purple Thing, will always make the park special.

I think some people are under estimating the project. Yes this may just be a bathroom, but it share the same need for proper theming as does any major attraction. It needs to blend in with it's surroundings to support the hamlet them. So long as it does that I am fine.

Reactions: Mushroom
We were making a point about the fact that there was such a long discussion about what people think it should be painted. The whole discussion is uneccessary. See what it looks like when it is finished, then you can talk about what they should have done, which would really be uneccessary as well.

Reactions: netdvn and Smatt
This is just like any other new thing that comes to the park. We discuss what it might turn out like, what we would want it to look like, and the such. I mean look at the Howl-o-Scream threads, tons of pages about our hopes and dreams.

Reactions: chickenking
Planeteer said:
We were making a point about the fact that there was such a long discussion about what people think it should be painted.  The whole discussion is uneccessary.  See what it looks like when it is finished, then you can talk about what they should have done, which would really be uneccessary as well.

Legitimate question: If you think every possible part of this discussion is nonsense, why are you even here? There are plenty of other active threads to fill your time...

Like it or not this new bathroom structure is actually a fairly notable structure in the New France hamlet. It doesn't matter what the function is- the exterior of any building in such a prominent location inside the park has a massive, far-reaching effect on the visual appeal of the hamlet it's located in. Don't throw away the baby with the bathwater- there's real value in the discussion of the visual style of any building in the park- especially new construction like the New France bathrooms. If you don't think that's the case, honestly, you probably don't belong in the hamlet threads- the discussion of buildings exteriors and the like are their main purpose.

All that said, I actually agree that there's little to no cause for concern. The building is looking great thus far and all new construction we've seen out of Design & Engineering lately has come out looking very nice. I don't see any reason to think this will be any different.

tl;dr: There's merit to the base of the discussion- anyone who thinks otherwise shouldn't be in this thread. That said, new bathrooms look good.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad