Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.
In terms of lack on investment are we talking $20 mil plus wise (B&Ms) or even $6-10 mil wise (GCI, RMC)?

Zimmy said:
Seriously where do you get your numbers from, thin air?

Various sources. I've seen that GCIs/RMCs cost substantially less than B&Ms/Intamins/Macks.

RollyCoaster said:
*Facepalm*

Naturally GCI/RMC both manufactur coasters of a lesser ammount than your standard B&M, Intamin, and Mack. I still don't understand your argument however.

My argument is that I don't think there's anything restricting KD from either RMC'ing Hurler or building a decent GCI in its place. And I'll gladly accept that for the next 5-7 years after that.

I don't doubt that most woodies cost less than most major steel coasters. I question the numbers you toss out there. Particularly since you do not seem to be able to site any sources.

Many factors go into the cost of a coaster.
not just who builds. Materials, size, location, theme, technology, and so on.

Many of the RMCs in the past have been fairly cheep because they have been building them at, near, or under cost. They did that to establish themselves. They have since said they would not do that anymore.

madmax said:
RollyCoaster said:
*Facepalm*

Naturally GCI/RMC both manufactur coasters of a lesser ammount than your standard B&M, Intamin, and Mack. I still don't understand your argument however.

My argument is that I don't think there's anything restricting KD from either RMC'ing Hurler or building a decent GCI in its place. And I'll gladly accept that for the next 5-7 years after that.

Well so long as you are happy, I am certain CF and KD will get right on that.

Reactions: Mushroom
An RMC the size and length of Collossus, from the ground up, would have to be very expensive. I could pull a number out of thin air but I choose to just keep it relative with 'very expensive'...

Reactions: Shane
Zimmy said:
I don't doubt that most woodies cost less than most major steel coasters.  I question the numbers you toss out there.  Particularly since you do not seem to be able to site any sources.  

Many factors go into the cost of a coaster.
not just who builds.  Materials, size, location, theme, technology, and so on.

Many of the RMCs in the past have been fairly cheep because they have been building them at, near, or under cost.  They did that to establish themselves.  They have since said they would not do that anymore.

madmax said:
RollyCoaster said:
*Facepalm*

Well so long as you are happy, I am certain CF and KD will get right on that.

RMC Hurler would be Storm Chaser sized and a GCI would be Prowler/Renegade sized. So a rather mid-sized coaster that still provides great airtime. It's also a great fit because it would allow a wider audience to ride with a 44-48 in height limit.

Not only that but it's a more cost-efficient way to improve attendance, similar to Gold Striker at CGA.

MAZ said:
An RMC the size and length of Collossus, from the ground up, would have to be very expensive. I could pull a number out of thin air but I choose to just keep it relative with 'very expensive'...

I don't mean like that but like Storm Chaser or The Joker.

Haha! Some rumors have surfaced out of thin air about a launched flying B&M going into KD for 2018. I mean seriously. It's 2016. Anything related to 2018 park additions would be pure fantasy.

I'm going to take this rumor with a grain of salt for now, but I've thought that a flying coaster would make a nice entry statement without being repetitive like a wing coaster.

Reactions: MAZ
MAZ said:
Haha! Some rumors have surfaced out of thin air about a launched flying B&M going into KD for 2018. I mean seriously. It's 2016. Anything related to 2018 park additions would be pure fantasy.

Carowinds' giga coaster was speculated in 2013. Anyways this is still possible. They've done a launched wingrider so why not a launched flyer?

I feel like a giga is always being speculated for any major park that doesn't have one. Shoot, a giga was speculated for project 2012 way back when.

Reactions: BlackWeird
RollyCoaster said:
madmax said:
MAZ said:

Carowinds' giga coaster was speculated in 2013. Anyways this is still possible. They've done a launched wingrider so why not a launched flyer?

Madmax, that rumor began after Carowinds announced the tens of millions of dollars that would be poured into the park. To boost major attendance like Cedar Fair wanted ut made sense to build a record breaker. As Ed Hart said, "if you build it, they will come."

KD's giga was rumored in 2008, Cedar Point's dive coaster was rumored in late 2014.

Joe said:
Haven't there been rumors for KD's next coaster since, like, 2011?

You're confusing rumors with ideas. With the impending doom of Hurler rumors might actually hold weight.

Yep. There has been some sort of fantasy each year Joe. When one of the hundreds of fantasies comes to fruition, it is considered a 'prediction' or 'speculation'. (Madmax, please stop quoting me with responses that completely miss the point of said quoted post. Thanks.) what does the above post mean? I'm having trouble making a point out of it.

MAZ said:
Yep. There has been some sort of fantasy each year Joe. When one of the hundreds of fantasies comes to fruition, it is considered a 'prediction' or 'speculation'. (Madmax, please stop quoting me with responses that completely miss the point of said quoted post. Thanks.) what does the above post mean? I'm having trouble making a point out of it.

What I mean is if Hurler goes down speculation of a coaster is justified.

Where did you hear of Hurler's "impending doom?" As far as we know, it's either under refurbishment or SBNO, neither of which means Hurler WILL be demolished any time soon.

Joe said:
Where did you hear of Hurler's "impending doom?" As far as we know, it's either under refurbishment or SBNO, neither of which means Hurler WILL be demolished any time soon.

Look up the definition of "impending".

Joe said:

I stand by my statement that Hurler is SBNO and deserves the outlook associated with that. This is not a re-track operation, as it would have been started at least by now. I give a hurler reopening chance about 10%. This does not include any RMC conversion which I also see somewhat unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad