The Next Coaster

Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

MAZ

Jan 30, 2014
Richmond
The park's website says "we anticipate the hurler will open for 2017"...if they anticipate it, why should we feel any different?

Reactions: horsesboy
Aug 21, 2016
MAZ said:
The park's website says "we anticipate the hurler will open for 2017"...if they anticipate it, why should we feel any different?
Because not only was that was posted back in March, but Chad didn't specify that it will likely reopen in 2017 at the event Saturday. In fact he was very doubtful.

Mushroom

Old user, new username
Feb 12, 2011
I know Chad said the park hasn't decided the 2017 ride lineup yet, but when did he say it was "very doubtful" Hurler will reopen?

Aug 21, 2016
Joe said:
I know Chad said the park hasn't decided the 2017 ride lineup yet, but when did he say it was "very doubtful" Hurler will reopen?
He sounded very doubtful. Got nervous and didn't want to give any information.

Oct 7, 2011
Virginia Beach
I find this legitimately hilarious, madmax, and here's why. For at least the past two years on Theme Park Review you've posted overly zealous, outlandish, and completely unfounded "rumors" regarding what KD will be receiving in the future. When people asked you to cite sources or broke down your post because it was completely illogical, your response would be somewhere along the lines of "Man, you guys hate opinions on this forum". I say that's BS; when your post gets ripped on by other posters, it's because you're toting pipe dreams as if they're fact. In reality however, your "rumors" are just what you personally want to see added to the park.

Here's the kicker: Whenever KD inevitably doesn't announce what you expect, you derail completely. You started an entire change.org petition to boycott Kings Dominion because you didn't get RMC Hurler this year. Yet still you are going on about KD 2018 as if it's written in stone that we're getting a coaster, the exact same behavior that made you so disappointed for KD's 2027 announcement.

My advice: calm down, step back, and stop spewing unfounded rumors as fact on every forum you encounter. It will make your life much easier if we don't get a new, huge coaster in 2018 or the following year.

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
Especially in a conversations like this one, we would request that everyone be as precise as possible. Please clearly differentiate among your impressions, your opinion, and what you believe to be facts. If you assert something, please provide the evidence that leads you to that conclusion.

Aug 21, 2016
TrevorBondi said:
I find this legitimately hilarious, madmax, and here's why. For at least the past two years on Theme Park Review you've posted overly zealous, outlandish, and completely unfounded "rumors" regarding what KD will be receiving in the future. When people asked you to cite sources or broke down your post because it was completely illogical, your response would be somewhere along the lines of "Man, you guys hate opinions on this forum". I say that's BS; when your post gets ripped on by other posters, it's because you're toting pipe dreams as if they're fact. In reality however, your "rumors" are just what you personally want to see added to the park.

Here's the kicker: Whenever KD inevitably doesn't announce what you expect, you derail completely. You started an entire change.org petition to boycott Kings Dominion because you didn't get RMC Hurler this year. Yet still you are going on about KD 2018 as if it's written in stone that we're getting a coaster, the exact same behavior that made you so disappointed for KD's 2027 announcement.

My advice: calm down, step back, and stop spewing unfounded rumors as fact on every forum you encounter. It will make your life much easier if we don't get a new, huge coaster in 2018 or the following year.
The petition was a troll thing Bruh.

Reactions: Luke
Feb 3, 2016
MAZ said:
Haha! Some rumors have surfaced out of thin air about a launched flying B&M going into KD for 2018. I mean seriously. It's 2016. Anything related to 2018 park additions would be pure fantasy.
"Pure fantasy" may be a bit strong here. There are already signed contracts in place for 2018 coasters around the world.

Sep 30, 2015
I looked at the Hurler area on Sunday from the restaurant and from Grizzly. Absolutely nothing happening, so to say it will re-open after "extensive maintenance" .. I just don't see it. I didn't see markers or flags or anything of any sort in that area. So who knows. May as well have tossed some trims on it and kept it running at this point if speed and violence was a problem with it.

Mushroom

Old user, new username
Feb 12, 2011
strycker said:
May as well have tossed some trims on it and kept it running at this point if speed and violence was a problem with it.
Believe it or not, they already trim the hell out of Hurler, for exactly the reasons you mentioned. A little over a decade ago, the park added trim breaks along the first drop, right after the first drop, and just before several of the bunny hops.

As the ride grew rougher, the hope was that the trims would make the coaster smoother. I think it worked at first, but eventually Hurler became so rough the trims really didn't make a difference. But ever since they were added, the trims took away the two redeeming values of Hurler that, reportedly, once made it a winning coaster: speed and airtime.

But getting back to your original point, I don't anticipate seeing Hurler reopen for 2017. If there was truly serious work to be done, it would have begun months ago. I suppose an RMC makeover is still on the table for 2018 or beyond, but at this point it may be more likely that the thing will be bulldozed.

Jan 27, 2010
RollyCoaster said:
Like most, I believed an RMC conversion was quite plausible pre-announcement. After the announcement, I fell from that bandwagon. "There's Really More Coming!" What does that mean to you? Is it a sign for the future? Is Kings Dominion reffering to what has already been announced? Does it have to do with Hurler?

The night of announcement day I recieved a text referencing to, "Theres Really More Coming." I didn't understand what was trying to be told and thought the phrase went with the announcement. (Sorry for the story telling, just thought my inner thoughts would help with reasoning later on)

A day or two later, an individual made a comment that then started... Even MORE rumors!  Want some examples? No? To bad;) "OMG The first letter in, "really more coming" stands for RMC!!!"   "Chad mentioned red track during his video, red has 3 letters, RMC makes red track, the first letter in "really more coming" stands for RMC, RMC is 3 letters! Oh ma god KD2017 Exposed!"

People are still going with stupid RMC rumor and honestly, it's starting to piss me off. Doing whatever you can to somehow make RMC still look possible is completely stupid. Maybe the kid who made this rumor also claimed that Hurlers track had been removed 2 months ago. Somebody, PLEASE tell me how in the hell Theres Really More Coming turned into RMC? What about There's? Add all those together and you get TRMC...

Yes, KD did there teasing around Hurler. Yes, KD posted a picture of a white marker within 40-50 feet of Hurler. We think they screwed up but in reality, they won. People are talking about the parks addition, the news has had several segments on the additions, news articles etc. They screwed us over, in the end it worked. Theres no evidence for an RMC other than words, words that somebody scrambled to mean something.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/kings_dominion.htm Read the most recent article... SERIOUSLY? The poor kid has gotten this pathetic, stupid, transparent "Rumor" an article of it's own. *Clicks link again in hopes they took it down* Nothing is going to come of this, theres no proof to be seen and/or shown.

Hopefully, those who still believe that a word scramble is proof of an RMC could explain to me why. I don't get it, at all. Perhaps if KD would have mentioned, "Theres Really More Coming" in an sceptacle voice or even said something about the words, but they didn't. End of story, no more cringy little kids making videos on irrelevance without more proof than 1 single thing PLZ. They make you look/sound stupid.

I love KD and would love there to be a light at the end of road, I just don't see it. If your so butt-hurt go to another park. Isn't like Va isn't getting a coaster next year. Please do share your thoughts on why people still think it will happen. If you think it will happen give one reason other than 4 words that spell TRMC, Not RMC. Thanks for reading, hope some of you enjoyed my rant ;)
I agree. i'm tired of hearing about there's "really more coming" RMC. Let's take a look at the last word "coming". in that word you have 3 letters of interest. the first last and 4th, which are GCI. yes, that's what kings dominion is getting. now let's blow that out of proportion like it's going to happen

Sep 30, 2015
Look, both could be plausible seeing that Cedar Fair has interest in both companies at the present time. Kings Island has Mystic Timbers going in through GCI and it seemed RMC may be doing something with Mean Streak at Cedar Point seeing the stakes posted previously around the structure. But who knows. I don't proclaim to know anything, just what's been thrown around before.

Reactions: SWStevo
Aug 9, 2016
Virginia Beach
Latest rumor I just read (not saying I believe it) has a coaster, possibly a B&M Launched Flyer, being planned to replace the Shenandoah Lumber Company Log Flume. Got some mixed emotions about this one.... The log flume attraction is old and in need of a lot of TLC like BGW did. Also, the Old Virginia section could use a good attraction (especially a new coaster) to take some of the coaster crowds away from Safari Village. I would hate to see an original attraction like the log flume go, though. Definitely interesting enough for thought and discussion at the least....

Reactions: SWStevo
Status
Not open for further replies.
Login or Register to Hide This Ad