Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I live close to both Great America and Mt. Olympus.

1. Hades 360 is the roughest rollercoaster I've ever been on (and I've been in T3) and it actively harms the experience of a coaster that could be one of the best in the world.
2. Wrath of Rakshasa in the back row is rough enough to be inexcusable for a coaster that opened just last year.

Both statements can be true, even if Wrath isn't nearly as bad as Hades, it's not something I want to ride most times I'm in the park because I don't want to chance a back row ride and get a headache. Maybe an overreaction, but I think something can just be mildly rough and still ruin a ride.
If Hades had a full Gravity Group Retrack (Will never happen sadly) I think it would be a consensus top 20 coaster in the world, it really is that good!

I agree with you and I’m not meaning to excuse the issue. It’s just funny how much people exaggerate how rough B&Ms new stuff is. Praying they’ve sorted this out or improved greatly at least with Tormenta
 
  • Like
Reactions: YachtyLogs
I’ve ridden Wrath close to two dozen times, I’ve never had a ride experience where it was unbearably rough
I've also never had an unbearably rough ride, but it's rough enough to where I find most of the rides in the park more enjoyable to ride.
 
Phoenix Rising isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be. BBW is their smoothest in a while. Iron Menace got to me when I marathoned it, but one or two rides wasn't awful. The rattle is there, but not awful on most of the newer ones. Even train 2 on Fury was a little bumpy in the valleys.
 
I actively skip rapterra now a days. It just rides like absolute shit on anything but the inner front 2 cars. It hurts my lower back. Not a single other wing coaster came even remotly close to how rapterra rides. I haven't been on any other modern Dive or anything to compare though
 
I actively skip rapterra now a days. It just rides like absolute shit on anything but the inner front 2 cars. It hurts my lower back. Not a single other wing coaster came even remotly close to how rapterra rides. I haven't been on any other modern Dive or anything to compare though
I very much agree with this. It’s not even good on the inside seats
 
Rapterra’s the only B&M I’ve been on since the quality issues arose, but I’ll be riding Wrath of Rakshasa on Friday.

To me, it’s not that I assume they’re rough, it’s that it’s inexcusable for a brand new installation from the Lamborghini of coaster manufacturers. I expect far better with their price tag, and I’m much more interested in Vekoma and Mack’s current offerings.
 
I think the whole ‘bouncy vs rough’ debate was well stated by @Zachary ; but I’ll add what I’ve said before. B&M’s decline needs to be looked at. There’s definitely something going on, whether it’s track tolerance or wheel gap tolerance.

If this was something isolated to one area or one park chain, you could maybe blame something like the people who installed the ride or the chain not completing a step. But it’s constant.

My working theory is that the Asia/Saudi markets blowing up the way they did and putting stress on B&M has really hurt them. I like @GASM ‘s analogy, but it’s kinda like the difference between when Porsche was smaller and handbuilt slowly less cars with high quality vs now (with their SUV’s) not riding as well because they are mass produced at a higher volume.

I think comparing bounce/rattle/rough and using that terminology is a bit of just verbiage hair splitting because everyone experiences those a little differently. Like Alpie for some people is a rattle, while for me I call it rough (because of where I get hit in the head while riding). But compared to what you expect from a B&M I would say that having to use any of those words is a negative.
 
Holding that assessment and looking at Tormenta through that lense is pretty reasonable in my eyes. I don't consider it prejudgement, I consider it expectation-setting. Personally, I'm expecting it to ride like Iron Menace—I expect the relatively poor tracking to be present on Tormenta, I expect Tormenta's layout's scale to worsen the issue, and I expect Tormenta's large track gauge to mitigate the issue. On net, I expect roughly (no pun intended) an Iron Menace-like "smoothness" experience.

I think we may be just be slightly disagreeing on semantics, which isn't a big deal.

Iron Menace is one where I fully endorse the thoosie vloggers' takes. But of the other B&Ms I've personally ridden which opened in last four years, I'd only say Emperor and Penguin Trek seemed to have too much of a rattle for a new coaster, but had zero issues with Wrath (which is at my home park) or Pipeline. Iron Menace is the only one where I thought there was a genuine tracking problem.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Fiender and Zachary
Idk what else we expected. You can tell the additions they plan on theming vs the ones they don’t, just like Cedar Fair has always been. Look at Copperhead Strike vs Fury as an example. Mystic Timbers vs Orion. The massive B&Ms save money on theming (which is fine imo, nobody is riding those for the theming).

The important thing is the plaza as a whole and the architecture look solid and consistent, even if they’re a bit bare.
 
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad