Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I don't think it takes long to put up a simple warehouse, I wonder if this space could be used this fall for HOS?

I don't think it takes long to put up a simple warehouse, I wonder if this space could be used this fall for HOS?
I see almost zero chance that it's up in time to install a maze.

Reactions: Zachary
land clearing and leveling are underway.

Attachments

• 20220825_171444.jpg
    20220825_171444.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 78
  • 20220825_171450.jpg
    20220825_171450.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 78
  • 20220825_171456.jpg
    20220825_171456.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 77
Reactions: Mwe BGW and Zachary
Here is a short video that I took which shows some of the frame of the building. I didn't even realize I took it as I pressed the wrong button on my camera as I was trying to take a picture and not the video. But hey, it works.
View attachment MVI_2423-1.mp4

Reactions: Zachary
So here we are 7 weeks later; and well... Let's just say there's been a level of incompetency that I've never seen before in a BGW project.

First, let's review some history.

This building has gone through more than a few design iterations; ultimately ending up with this weird structure with no walls.

It is my understanding that BGW was intending to have this structure done, inspected, certified for occupancy and decorated to house Santa for CMT.

Well obviously that didn't happen. So, let me go over what _did_ happen.

Our first indication that something was wrong started in early October when inspections started getting scheduled and canceled... rescheduled and then deleted. __repeatedly__ over the course of weeks.

And then November hit and some completely bonkers stuff happened:

Screenshot_20221109-160911.png

It starts off with this fairly benign attempt at having the framing inspected. The approved site plans were missing so the inspector cancelled. It was rescheduled to 14 November.

Screenshot_20221115-102647.png

14- November: the inspector finds that the slab isn't approved. So the inspection gets cancelled.
New inspection scheduled for 17-Nov.

Screenshot_20221117-152953.png

17- Nov: slab still isn't approved. Why did they reattempt this inspection? Who knows. This time it got flagged as a second offense:

Screenshot_20221117-153004.png

18-November: the slab and footings inspection gets scheduled! Finally we might be getting somewhere... It's scheduled for 21 November

Screenshot_20221118-100421.png

Today: the $#&@ has hit the fan!

Screenshot_20221121-141020.png

I don't even know what to say at this point.

How can they have messed up this badly on this project? It's not like they're amateurs at this right? It's not like they don't regularly build stuff that requires inspections.

The level of incompetency is truly mind boggling...

Last edited:
I wonder if it's an incompetent contractor that promised they'd take care of inspections and whatnot and then obviously didn't know what they're doing.

Or is this what cutting experienced personnel gets you?
In my experience it tends to be contractor not being there or scheduling it out of order.

I wonder if it's an incompetent contractor that promised they'd take care of inspections and whatnot and then obviously didn't know what they're doing.

Or is this what cutting experienced personnel gets you?
Yeah my sourcing on this is that it's a contractor issue not a BGW issue in fact n't understanding is they are really not happy because the project is extremely behind the original timetable.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad