Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Are they clearing out stuff in the boneyard? Currently in Festhaus Park there are about 5 old Pompeii boats, 10ish Lemans cars, an entire lochness train (with orange stripe, RIP), old log flume boats, and what looks like a few cars belonging to flying machine. These are all visible from Mach Tower.
Why would they be dumping stuff in the boneyard just to have to clear it out again when they start on the new FHP coaster?

Why would they be dumping stuff in the boneyard just to have to clear it out again when they start on the new FHP coaster?
That may be the best option overall, really. Just shuffle it all around that corner of the park to stay clear of whatever construction/fireworks are happening at the moment in each location. No need for alternate temp space.

Particularly given the size of FHP... perhaps it's possible to pick a spot to temporarily drop most/all of those big items where they are largely clear of the fireworks and both the new building and whatever specific configuration of Big Thing ends up in Drachen Fire's old spot.

I'm assuming construction at both sites will be simultaneous, at least partially overlapping in schedule. If not, that makes the "car and boat shuffle" easier but also brings up other questions... 📅

Reactions: panopticon31
According to some railroad employees, the fireworks are now launched from inside the boneyard which might explain it. Might also explain the balloon that was mentioned last week in another thread.
Last Friday they were setting up starting around 7 with staff hoses and other stuff at both the Festhaus Park area and near the tracks by Pantheon.

Apparently there was a planning commision hearing last night(?) and they updated some of the documents. There is a bit more information on the intended use of the building now, notably that about 43% of it are intended for entertainment events and 57% for storage.
1625744932998.png
1625745133865.png

Attachments

• 4. Event Warehouse elevations (1).pdf
    399 KB · Views: 27
Maybe the DK building used as CT and HoS space was only temporary and this will be the replacement. More likely though is this will be a rehearsal space is my guess.

Reactions: Coasternerd
Maybe the DK building used as CT and HoS space was only temporary and this will be the replacement. More likely though is this will be a rehearsal space is my guess.

We should take the park's statement at face value—"entertainment events" meaning Howl-O-Scream and/or Christmas Town attraction space. That was the intended use of the first version of this addition and I certainly don't see a reason to assume this one is any different.

I sure hope they plan on a facade for any guest facing areas, but verbolten proves they don't care about immersion and descent looks.

• Sad
Reactions: SLC Headache
I was thinking more in line with the proposed rehearsal/theatrical building behind RPT they never went forward than transitioning away from DK which is on the main midway in Oktoberfest vs. something across the train tracks in a random dead-end corner of the park even if they make a nice guest-facing area and not obviously backstage.

Reactions: Alf33
I sure hope they plan on a facade for any guest facing areas, but verbolten proves they don't care about immersion and descent looks.
I doubt they plan on adding a facade beyond temporary decoration right around the entrance for the events.
The 2 sides that would be visible from the Festhaus park are covered by the trees. I assume you only would see the building at all if you're walking up for an event, and even then you shouldn't see much more of it than the corner for the entrance.

1625753446284.png

Reactions: Mwe BGW and Zachary
I want to give a quick update on the dedicated entertainment facility project.

The special use permit was approved (as reported by WYDaily), but the site plan for the addition seems to have completely stagnated. The original submission was found deficient in a number of different ways back in September. That said, this is pretty normal—resubmissions with corrections are commonplace for BGW plans. What isn't normal is the fact that, in the nearly 3 months since, BGW still hasn't submitted an updated site plan.

It's totally possible that the park just isn't feeling any sort of time crunch on this project and they're not going to bother trying to get the errors corrected until the new year. On the flip side though, there's also a very real chance that history is repeating itself and Entertainment's dedicated special event facility may have been cut again. I'll wait until we have some more solid confirmation one way or the other before I start talking about the (potentially huge) implications cancelling this project could have. I just wanted highlight that we should certainly be keeping tabs on this project still and there may be reason to be a bit worried.

Last edited:
I want to give a quick update on the dedicated entertainment facility project.

The special use permit was approved (as reported by WYDaily), but the site plan for the addition seems to have completely stagnated. The original submission was found deficient in a number of different ways back in September. That said, this is pretty normal—resubmissions with corrections are commonplace for BGW plans. What isn't normal is the fact that, in the nearly 3 months since, BGW still hasn't submitted an updated site plan.

It's totally possible that the park just isn't feeling any sort of time crunch on this project and they're not going to bother trying to get the errors corrected until the new year. On the flip side though, there's also a very real chance that history is repeating itself and Entertainment's dedicated special event facility may have been cut again. I'll wait until we have some more solid confirmation one way or the other before I start talking about the (potentially huge) implications cancelling this project could have. I just wanted highlight that we should certainly be keeping tabs on this project still and there may be reason to be a bit worried.
I will say that I think it's much more likely that there is simply more important stuff. From what I know the D&E department is smaller than it was because they lost people during the COVID-19 furlough.

So I would assume that there are other more important and time sensitive tasks that needed to be finished first.

I mean, this is sorta time sensitive though, yeah?

It already seems like Entertainment will have to remove their two Howl-O-Scream houses and Santa's Workshop from DarKastle before their theoretical new building goes up. No idea where they're planning store all of that stuff, but certainly it woulda been easier if the new facility was already in place to receive it, no? Judging by the original timelines implied by the permit filings, doesn't that seem like that was probably the original plan?

I don't know how long a building like this takes to go from an approved site plan to ready to assemble a Howl-O-Scream house inside of, but we seem to be inching dangerously close to when that could be a concern for HOS 2022. I imagine the building would need to be totally done and ready for entertainment by no later than the end of July/start of August next year, yeah? I think there's definitely still time—but this theoretical timeline doesn't look super comfortable already.

EDIT: Reduced yeahs for @Ice

Last edited:
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad