Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Wings, I think that would be considered the realm of Hollywood Monsters, not Transylvania. Frankenstein was in Switzerland and England. (And the middle of nowhere Russia for the beginning/ending.) He wasn't anywhere near Transylvania. Not to mention Igor was an invention of Hollywood Monster movies. But I digress.

Matthew, if Igor was to move to Vampire Point, then you'd have continuity errors between Fiends and Vampire Point. Because, I doubt they'd go for the idea of two very different characters with the same name. It would mean Fiends would have to change. Fright Feast made sense with Igor, because it was sort of like Igor's day off from the Castle.

But, I guess this whole post is a moot point, if Blood Banquet is officially gone and Fright Feast is going back into Ireland, so.

Reactions: Wings and Mushroom
Joe said:
I think a dinner show is justified as long as it makes the event money, which it presumably does. And cutting one of the two dinner shows seems like a good way to minimize expenditures while maximizing profit.

I find this argument specious. The park could to many things that would make them money. That does not mean those things are appropriate for a haunt. BGW should be looking for ways to increase HOS revenues, without relying on attractions that have little to nothing to do with the nature of the overarching event.

Reactions: Zachary
So I ventured out to the park Friday looking for Howl-O-Scream construction and I didn't find too much but what I did see, was very intresting.
JGTIzdP.jpg

In the line for what once was 13 was a large amount of boxes chilling in the summer sun. While that didn't seem too interesting it almost looked like near the entrance of the EITA simulator building were some bare bone walls waiting to have theming attached. I didn't take a picture as I was unsure but that makes me believe a house is going in the EITA queue. We'll know soon as EITA usually closes mid-August if a house is taking its place for HOS.
3Onnqak.jpg

A different view of these two new structures being built in the Germany Parking Lot.
That's all I saw that was newsworthy but after this visit it really makes me think that there will be three new houses added to the line-up. We know the big headliner house is going in Festhaus Park but from what I saw at The Germany Parking Lot and the EITA Simulator Building it makes me believe that those are also locations for new houses this year as well. Of course, this is all, Spook-ulation!

I do hope that even if they don't bring back Blood Banquet that they do still put the overlay up on the building - or else that Terror-tory pretty much is bareboned with scenery.

Vampire Point has had more or less the same scenery since before it was a "Terror-tory". The main difference, is that the Vampire Point Hotel wasn't there. It was simply an overlay to the regular clock scenery.

Does anyone remember that the first year of Vampire Point included a few additional facades? I never really understood the purpose of them, but nonetheless, it made the area more of a Terror-tory. Busch Gardens has pretty much always been doing Terror-tories if you use that area as a definition. Even in the worst years theming wise, they have always put some of the best Halloween events to shame as far as atmosphere. If everything is cohesive this year, they could do just that.

So, on the topic of the Woods Haunted House. Is this house going to be stand-alone, or is it going to end up being like in years passed where you queued up for all the Mazes in Festhaus Park and did them all at once?

I would hope it would serve as a standalone house as it would pull crowds away from other haunts, further balancing out the lines, but honestly, due to its proximity to Bitten, I could, in fact, see it as a package house. There is no other entrance to the site other than the paved Festhaus Park path.

Here's the deal. We're getting seven houses for 2015.

The "Woods Maze" is codenamed "Lumberhack."
The Unearthed-themed house is replacing Thirteen and is codenamed "Scarlett's Revenge."
A new cornmaze-themed take on Root of All Evil is replacing the old Root and codenamed "Cornered."
Bitten is returning with some tweaks.
Catacombs is back and we could see some alterations, but nothing huge.
Cut Throat Cove is back for 2015 and is being fixed up a bit.
And Dead Line is, of course, returning as well.

Who's excited? This guy.

More tomorrow.

Wowza. I'm legitimately excited for HOS for the first time in years. This is amazing.

Although I will say the corn maze has the potential to be a total ripoff of Cornstalkers at Haunt. Note that I said "potential" though.

It's a little difficult to make a corn maze unique from others, Joe. Unless they're putting aliens in, which they might do because it's replacing Root. Corn based mazes are just monsters in corn, with them blending in with said corn.

Chances are if they do their scares right, the corn maze house will probably be my favorite.

Reactions: GeoUSA and Luke
Although Cornstalkers is a good maze, I would hardly call it an original idea. As long as Busch Gardens makes it their own, and is successful, I see no issue. I am a little bit concerned about how far the park will go by using Root Of All Evil as a template for "Cornered".

It is a very versatile layout, but if it is too similar to ROAE, it will suffer from "Zombie Mortuary syndrome". That means the maze could be only two years old, but in the view of regular guests, it would seem much older. That being said, I think the storyline (if there is one) could be much more cohesive an understandable as a corn maze. That way, guests don't have to be confused about what the creatures are supposed to be.

I don't expect too much from the "Unearthed" maze, because it sounds like an icon house. Icon houses in Tampa usually have only lasted for one year in the past. Also, the Europe in the Air building lends itself to the theme already. It could be a near-repeat of "Cavern of Darkness", which had very little extra scenery. I hope they use the building to it's full potential so that we don't end up with another "repeat effect" like with many other re-purposed mazes. I hope I am wrong though. The park still manages to surprise me all the time (whether it's a good or bad surprise).

It wouldn't be BGW's first rodeo(no pun intended) with a corn/scarecrow themed maze either. The third outside house in Festhaus park(the name escapes me at the moment) in 2009/2010 was themed to scarecrows and corn. I do have some good memories of that maze. For an outside maze in an open field, I found it to be considerably scary given its setting, and obvious low budget.

I don't see why not if you know what you're doing. The first few weekends will be easier than the last.

By the last few weekends, its probably going to be better if you have quick queue though. :/ Which is a shame for people, like me who don't want to spend that sort of money.

Reactions: Rob28
Rob28 said:
Are we gonna be able to do all 7 houses in one night?

I think that would be a difficult task, if at all possible. I would suggest that you watch the shows in the daytime, because you probably won't have time for both after the event starts officially. My strategy for Howl-O-Scream is as follows: First, I head towards Bitten. Bitten has shorter lines when it first opens, because people usually take longer to get to that area. I assume that rule will also apply for the new "LumberHack" maze, since it's in the same general area.

Right after you are finished in Festhaus Park, go to to "Cornered". That will have a long line before it opens, but they usually get the flow going after half an hour or so. After that, it would be a good time to backtrack. Although Catacombs is the closest maze, it will have the longest lines in the middle of the evening, so wait to do that later.

Instead, go to either Cut Throat Cove or Deadline. I would start with whichever maze you want most between the two. Cut Throat Cove should be dark enough by now, and the line should be moving at a good pace. If you have to buy a single-house quick queue ticket, buy it for this at the Tempesto/Apollo's Chariot gift shop.

Now that Cut Throat Cove (if you opted to do that maze) is out of the way, head over to Deadline. This line usually moves very fast even if the queue looks full. Once this is over, you should still have some time to spare.

Since you have to go through Ireland to finish the last two mazes, check if the wait time for "Unearthed" is still long. If so, go towards Catacombs. The line for Catacombs is usually dead (no pun intended) at the end of the night.

By now, your time will probably be running out, so hurry (don't run) to "Unearthed." The line may still be long, depending on the popularity and other various factors during that night. However, once you are in a line for something, they will not kick you out. I know there have been many cases where employees have had to leave the park at 2 AM due to the excess number of people waiting in line for mazes in that building.

Now, if you were successful, congratulations! You have completed all of the haunted houses in one night! Remember, the shows are also very good, and definitely worth seeing, but try to do those mostly before 6 PM, or you might not have time to do all of the houses without sacrificing one or two.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad