2015 Howl-O-Scream

Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Mar 15, 2015
Wings said:
bgbackdoor said:
3 new houses ... maybe?
I'd imagine the construction for The Root of All Evil area may be taking it down, or moving props to be used in the new area.
RoAE is taken down every year as soon as HOS ends, this is setup work not tear down, moving props would be driven from a warehouse to where their going, not stop off at a previous site

Applesauce

未来の月
May 22, 2010
Virginia Beach
Wings said:
The other house we can pretty much bank on is one in where Thirteen was; and I'm rooting for a "The Dark Tower" return for the 40th. They'd be stupid to keep Europe in The Air open during Howl-O-Scream.
13 was a return to The Dark Tower. That was the entire point of 13. Was that it was in honor for the very first house at the park for their very first year of HoS.

And while I don't like EitA, honestly it's location is sort of poor for a house. It's nice and long sure, but once you get out of the back area and past the ride area it's self, it's nothing but a long hallway. there's no room to hide and pop out, which is BG's favorite scare tactic.

Reactions: CastleOSullivan
Sep 10, 2010
Williamsburg, VA
Applesauce said:
The Tomato said:
Even the smaller props? It seems like that could ruin them.
I did say "mostly". I have no idea what they keep up all year, and what they take down. I just know it's mostly left up all year.

There's no real reason to take it down. It's out of the way, and the only way back there is going through employee only areas. With the exception of train, and maybe the bridge queue for Roman Rapids, you can't see it.
Sorry, what I meant is that I saw smaller props out and it didn't make sense to me. It looked like lots of the crows were laying scattered, among other things.

Applesauce

未来の月
May 22, 2010
Virginia Beach
The Tomato said:
Sorry, what I meant is that I saw smaller props out and it didn't make sense to me. It looked like lots of the crows were laying scattered, among other things.
I certainly wouldn't be complaining if they decided to put out smaller props. The earlier they get started on HoS the better imo. Because they never seem to give themselves enough time to get ready for it.

Aug 15, 2013
Hampton
I'm actually kind of upset if they took out Blood Banquet. I was hoping I would finally get to see it this year.

So I'm guessing the take from this is to take the website with a grain of salt? Blood Banquet is still listed under dining experiences. At any rate, I can live with this, as well as the terribad terror-tories, if this means the event will live up to the hype. Fingers crossed.

Feb 9, 2013
From the park's site regarding Blood Banquet:

Busch Gardens said:
Sink your fangs into delicious delights at the all-you-care-to-eat buffet, Blood Banquet™. Visit Vampire Point™ Hotel under Igor’s new management. This wacky and entertaining live-action dining experience will leave you and your fiends dying for more.
It seems they're taking the better show(and perhaps cheaper?) and moving it to the more successful location with better food. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out...

Zachary

𝓡oyal 𝓜ango 𝓒réme Frappuccino Survivor
Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Newport News, VA
twitter.com
Guys. You realize that this had to happen, right?

For anyone who doesn't know, Count Vlad was created as a parallel to Scott's glitter-covered, iron fist control of Busch Gardens. Scott is no longer at the park. Vlad had to be replaced to keep the parallel!

#Conspiracy

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
I'm suddenly less excited. Although admittedly, I did prefer Fright Feast to Blood Banquet.

But do we need any dinner theater at all at a haunt?

Reactions: SWStevo
Aug 21, 2012
angelicurrr said:
I can't wait to see how all of this is going to tie together. The exciting part for me were the 'sketches' in the 2nd field report of Scarlet's minions. Really great creature design. Also...

UGHHHH This year could finally be THE year for amazing new things, and I'll be 8 months preggo for it. Does anyone know if the park prohibits pregnant women from entering houses, or just advises against it?
I was pregnant with my son during HOS and decided against going into the houses mainly because I didn't want to get pushed or him hurt by someone who was scared or trying to get through. I don't think they will or have said a flat out no, but I'm sure they advise against it for safety reasons. :) I wasn't 8 months, but I'd be afraid it would put me into labor. (I get scared easily lol)

Reactions: angelicurrr

Applesauce

未来の月
May 22, 2010
Virginia Beach
Why... Why would you put Igor in charge of a hotel called Vampire Point??

the whole point of Fright Feast last year was to connect it to Fiends. Because the previous year's description said it was basically that, and then it turned out to be awful. So people were disappointed. Putting Igor over in Vampire Point then eliminates it being connected to Fiends.

I just don't get it. :/

Reactions: Mad Ludwig

Wings

A Bygone Era of Terror
Sep 28, 2009
East Lansing, Michigan
Applesauce said:
Why... Why would you put Igor in charge of a hotel called Vampire Point??

the whole point of Fright Feast last year was to connect it to Fiends. Because the previous year's description said it was basically that, and then it turned out to be awful. So people were disappointed. Putting Igor over in Vampire Point then eliminates it being connected to Fiends.

I just don't get it. :/
In the realm of Transylvania, I guess we can just associate Frankenstein, Vampires, Igor, and it all under one umbrella. But I see what you're saying - it is a storyboard concern. I am interesting to see though how they would justify this story line being in a Vampire centric area.

Reactions: Mad Ludwig
Feb 9, 2013
Well last year it was obvious that there was a favoritism towards Count Vlad and Blood Banquet over Igor and Fright Feast because Vlad had already gained popularity in 2013, even though I totally believe Fright Feast was the far superior show last year. So I guess you could look at it as an "Igor" overthrowing the oppressive ruling vampire and his "hotel" and decides to make his own changes to it. Igor doesn't need to be tied in with Fiends anymore because he's become his own independent character in the park and obviously doesn't want to be tied with that show anymore. Plus it's also a darn good satirical portrayal of Scott Gasparich's situation this year. So if you look at it that way, yes, yes it does make total sense for Igor to take over Blood Banquet. :p

Reactions: Wings
Login or Register to Hide This Ad