Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I know this may be off topic... but has anyone done the HOS tours? Are they worth it? I was looking into doing one but wasnt sure. Thanks :)

Bgbackdoor might be right. I have seen and heard many rumors as well as construction work. I have to say, although it has me confused, I am evermore excited. Notice that the photo I attached is more or less in the former location of Root of All Evil. What is this all about? I am officially hyped.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender 3.jpg
    FullSizeRender 3.jpg
    922.5 KB · Views: 72
I think a more interesting question is whether BGW is going to continue to emphasize the Halloween party aspect of their event again this year, or if they are going to move back to a more traditional haunt.

I don't think we have any evidence one way or another. Replacing houses does not necessarily equate to changing the focus and feel of the event. In fact, depending on what the new mazes are like, it could be even less creepy than last year.

Reactions: Hokie305
Nicole said:
I don't think we have any evidence one way or another.  Replacing houses does not necessarily equate to changing the focus and feel of the event.  In fact, depending on what the new mazes are like, it could be even less creepy that last year.
I remember a conversation with Carl late last year where he expressed his intent to drive the event toward "sexy scary".

The Tomato said:
Even the smaller props? It seems like that could ruin them.
I did say "mostly". I have no idea what they keep up all year, and what they take down. I just know it's mostly left up all year.

There's no real reason to take it down. It's out of the way, and the only way back there is going through employee only areas. With the exception of train, and maybe the bridge queue for Roman Rapids, you can't see it.

bgbackdoor said:
3 new houses ... maybe?

Honestly, I'm not sure how I feel about this. A lot of the houses are understaffed as it is, and having a year with 7 Houses might just make the thin spread staff a whole lot worse. I'd imagine the construction for The Root of All Evil area may be taking it down, or moving props to be used in the new area. The other house we can pretty much bank on is one in where Thirteen was; and I'm rooting for a "The Dark Tower" return for the 40th. They'd be stupid to keep Europe in The Air open during Howl-O-Scream.

No. I'm fairly certain the "Woods Maze" is tied into this year's HOS theme: Unearthed. Look at the "updates" at the AURA site they created to provide the backstory.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad