Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
So what opens first Darkastle, I new Big Bad Wolf or the My Little Pony conversion of Land of the Dragons?

Reactions: wombat96
We’ve figured out why DK needed to be closed. Dark rides are essentially just theming. As we all know, as soon as you get on a coaster, you will forget theming. So, maintaining it was just a waste of money: most people would just forget the whole ride, as soon as they got on Alpie or Bolt.

Dug through my camera roll and found this from a few years ago.

When you get Microsoft Visio access and simultaneously get extremely bored in the office:
DarKastle Poster.jpg
Bit of a poster. Wish BGW put out posters and more wall art themed around their attractions. I also have one for Nessie.

My family and I loved this ride. It's a shame they closed it because it was one of the few rides were you could get some much needed air-conditioning in the VA summer heat, the ride was perhaps the best indoor movie type ride outside of Universal or Disney. Imho, I feel like BGW needs more of these type of rides not less. Not everyone loves huge coasters. The park has very few smaller rides and most of those are not ever working.

My family and I loved this ride. It's a shame they closed it because it was one of the few rides were you could get some much needed air-conditioning in the VA summer heat, the ride was perhaps the best indoor movie type ride outside of Universal or Disney. Imho, I feel like BGW needs more of these type of rides not less. Not everyone loves huge coasters. The park has very few smaller rides and most of those are not ever working.
Totally agree, DK was amazing for what it was. I can still remember being a kid and marveling at that tower.

This one time I was drunk leaving the ride and there was a boy about 10 or 11? Anyways he was sobbing in a fetal position in the hallway of the exit just before you left and while the entire crowd leaving the building walked right by and even stepped over him I was the only one who crouched down to comfort him while my partner went to get a staff member.

Lots of good memories on this ride. I guess that wasn't the best one but still, lots of wonderful times. I miss the old were-prince.

• Wow
Reactions: belsaas and Nicole
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad