Defunct Dark Ride Curse of DarKastle

Login or Register to Hide This Ad

ControlsEE

I probably should be working...
Oct 2, 2018
Would love to see the building get re-used for some sort of indoor coaster. Definitely think they could fit something in there
A few years ago, there was park scuttlebutt about building an indoor VR coaster if BfE turned out to be fairly popular (this was just after they announced BfE). I didn't hear any other details after, so it was either made up, or scrapped. It's possible that the plan at that time was to replace DK with it, but who knows.

Jul 14, 2019
A few years ago, there was park scuttlebutt about building an indoor VR coaster if BfE turned out to be fairly popular (this was just after they announced BfE). I didn't hear any other details after, so it was either made up, or scrapped. It's possible that the plan at that time was to replace DK with it, but who knows.
I definitely think (and would LOVE ) they could put in a mystery mine style euro fighter in there.

Connor

fanny pack enthusiast
Sep 20, 2013
Virginia
www.youtube.com
Or the current plan is to actually allow the Verbolten show building to deteriorate into a former shell of itself, forcing the park to move the VR system from BfE to Verbolten to supplement the diminished theming. With the VR system now missing from BfE, the ride would be even more pointless and dull, forcing it's removal and putting the park in a prime position to bring back a true fan favorite simulator, Europe in the Air. If this was the case, then this would also allow @Zachary prime time to finally marathon the beloved simulator attraction and for peace and prosperity to be restored across the park.

In all seriousness, an indoor roller coaster in DK would be completely and utterly pointless. We tend to compare Tempesto and Pantheon for there similarities of multi-directional swing launches, inversions, and lack of theming, even though they are mere feet away from each other. To put another small indoor coaster in the same hamlet as the already decaying indoor family launch coaster would be extremely redundant and a rather repetitive addition to the line up. The building itself is also very short in height, and would almost certainly require some trenches to be dug in order to create anything close to a substantial drop. Until the park can feasibly maintain one show building that consists of LED facades and strobes, I don't have a lot of faith in the park maintaining two.

Jun 6, 2013
I'm hoping for another true dark ride, possibly interactive. Though those might not be in high demand post covid for a while. But a cool story focused ride that can has high capacity would be nice.

Reactions: DJTLG
Apr 9, 2013
Tear down the building.

(Re)erect a Wild Mouse.

Call it Ludwig's Last Howl and have a picture of a wolf somewhere so people can stop bitching about stupid shit like themed queues.

Fin.

(BGW - you know how to reach me. I'm an idea man. I can help you.)

Dombot

:)
Mar 30, 2020
Atlanta
New HOS maze - Ludwig's Lair
Kind of a downgrade, but that would be a pretty nice tribute to what was once there. Maybe a prequel to DarKastle, in some way? Like, you're at the castle before it freezes over, and Ludwig is sending minions on intruders? Something like that?

Feb 14, 2019
Kind of a downgrade, but that would be a pretty nice tribute to what was once there. Maybe a prequel to DarKastle, in some way? Like, you're at the castle before it freezes over, and Ludwig is sending minions on intruders? Something like that?
Eh, more just a live walk-through continuation with the effects actually working. This time, adding a few extra scenes like an actual dungeon.

Reactions: Dombot

Ice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAKGaiMP8xs&ab_cha
Silver Donor
Jan 5, 2018
Frederick, MD
Seeing those new gen rEVO ride vehicles in the ride like that has me geeking about the potential of a refurbished DK if it ever happened #sadge

Reactions: ludmarco and Rheath
Login or Register to Hide This Ad