Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
The first entry in this thread is a WikiPost. As such, it can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
Double post; but I walked to new france to inquire about the red train's status. Nothing critical, the handicap ramp malfunctioned and triggered the safety. So the train isn't allowed to move until it's reset. Other than that all is well.

IMG_20190914_145620.jpg

Does anyone have a complete list of the music that plays on the train during the main season?

I know some of it is also played at the entry path too. I believe they play a different song for each of the three legs of the route.

I don't have the complete list, but I know they play "Love and Be Loved" by Geoff Zanelli when the train departs Festa Station. I think they also play "The Egg Travels" by James Newton Howard somewhere along the route too.

Reactions: VikingvadR
For the love of God could someone at the park have the common sense to remove the Christmas Town Express fencing from the Pantheon area at the very least? Also one train ops with the park busy is a REALLY bad idea!

I recall hearing that the fencing was to be a permanent fixture. Still find that difficult to accept. What's the point of train views, if they're through wire mesh for hundreds of feet of a ride that offers only transportation and train views in the first place?

That fencing isn't going anywhere, well not easily. Those are metal posts embedded in concrete. They should have come up with method to easily remove the screens/wire grid to preserve the views.
The wire and cross beams could easily be removed. The fact that the park hasn't done it in the Pantheon area at least to get free marketing of Pantheon shots from that angle shocking.

Reactions: wombat96
They could have used a quick release clamp to allow the grids to slide down. That way we could at least see over them. I think they are too high even for CT. It's like they didn't take time to run line of sight tests.

Reactions: Zachary
Interestingly even though they are only running 1 train they are keeping the boiler warm on the second train. I guess just incase something happens and they have to replace one.

Attachments

• 20210406_160756.jpg
    20210406_160756.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:
You know, it's interesting... net of that entire conversation, which certainly has been explored and subsequently cited pretty thoroughly... last time I rode the train (~ 1 week ago) I tried to pay close attention to the grade behind the picnic area and Festhaus. And having done that, I think I'd have to see some data, a topo image, or hear from someone who personally has seen the same, before I really believe there is a substantial uphill grade at all once you're back there.

Drachen Spire area, yes. Festhaus? I'm, somewhat surprisingly, not convinced.

There are a lot of considerations complicating that judgment, which I should bring up in the appropriate thread. But it's slightly relevant here because it ties to Zachary's idea that the picnic area theoretically moving into the Drachen Spire field would open up that 'Haus-adjacent area. And, of course, because the eventual attraction back there, whatever it may ultimately prove to be, would be very well served by a train station.

The more I look at Google Maps the more I agree that they could potentially swap the catering area out with a train station based solely on the minimal modifications that would be needed for the existing layout.

However, if they were to keep the catering area in some form, they'd either have to move it to where it now takes up a good chunk of FHP and it becomes a longer distance to get people and supplies to, or move it somewhere else in the park (depending on the existing space utilization plans, maybe add some tables in the DK building?).

The question is the incline of the tracks where the catering area is vs further back towards the boneyard road and if it's workable with all trains?

The more I look at Google Maps the more I agree that they could potentially swap the catering area out with a train station based solely on the minimal modifications that would be needed for the existing layout.

However, if they were to keep the catering area in some form, they'd either have to move it to where it now takes up a good chunk of FHP and it becomes a longer distance to get people and supplies to, or move it somewhere else in the park (depending on the existing space utilization plans, maybe add some tables in the DK building?).

The question is the incline of the tracks where the catering area is vs further back towards the boneyard road and if it's workable with all trains?
The issue with putting a station there is that it's literally 150 yards from caribou. Would just be better to add a path between the festhaus, behind DK and through Invadr

I guess I misread my maps distance check, I had it at about 1,500 give or take.

I guess I misread my maps distance check, I had it at about 1,500 give or take.
I'm probably exaggerating, but the point remains that just as the train gets to full speed, it will have to start slowing back down for caribou.

I'm probably exaggerating, but the point remains that just as the train gets to full speed, it will have to start slowing back down for caribou.

Oh, I don't forsee the park adding a new station to the line, just saying if they were to do so the catering area would make the most sense vs closer to the tressel.

Honestly I don't see the need. Train to Caribou, sky ride to Germany. I've done that a bunch of times from the Scotland station.

The issue with putting a station there is that it's literally 150 yards from caribou. Would just be better to add a path between the festhaus, behind DK and through Invadr
It's 1,500 feet, which is the same distance as Tweedside to Festa, believe it or not.

But it's really the walking distance that matters to a guest, and it is absolutely a hike between the Festhaus and Invadr if you use only guest-accessible paths.

Since I'm posting in the proper thread now: I have no idea precisely what this does to the timing of the arrival of trains at a given station, except that it certainly guarantees longer average wait times for a given number of trains on the circuit, assuming they always stop at all four stations.

On the other hand -- if a guest would find it convenient to take the train either to or from a Festhaus station just once during a visit, that might go a long way to offset the inconvenience of waiting a bit longer for trains to arrive.

And there's the expense, signaling, everything else that has been discussed here. I'm just thinking out loud.

I definitely would make very frequent use of the train from Tweedside to the Festhaus, if it were possible, rather than either walking or taking two legs of the skyride just to then cross the entirety of Oktoberfest with the first half being uphill. (Though maybe the park doesn't actually like that due to skipping basically everything in the park to get there...?)

Guests with mobility issues or small kids in tow probably would benefit most of all.

Anyway.

Status
The first entry in this thread is a WikiPost. As such, it can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad