Existing Transport Ride Busch Gardens Railway

Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Oct 7, 2011
Consent is consent when it comes to making someone and their activity the central focus of your photo. Even if faces are hidden.

That said, blocking out faces does go a long way to (partially) remedy the issue. And I imagine we all have less sympathy for someone who is subjected to a creepshot while being an idiot.

I was most offended by the classic “dad finger” on the right edge of the photo. Even when time and opportunity are fleeting — know thy equipment!

Applesauce

未来の月
May 22, 2010
Virginia Beach
It's also one of those things for me that while I will admit I've been that creep taking a pic of a stranger, when I didn't realize I was being creepy about it.

I've also been the focus of the shot too. And let me tell you it's 100% not fun to find a pic of you online that you didn't consent to while people are openly being negative about you. It's also not fun catching the person doing it while they're doing it and then having to deal with their denial that they did anything wrong, when you're minding your own business.

Even if the guy in the pic is wrong for what he's allowing the child to do, which he is and that is dangerous, just put yourself in his shoes. If you discovered that somebody had taken a creep shot of not only you but your child (or grandchild/niece/nephew), and posted it online to further the "hey look at these idiots", it's not a good look for anyone involved. Because yeah the man is doing wrong, but so is the person taking the pic.

Two wrongs don't make a right, even if the pic is censored.

Reactions: Nicole
Nov 24, 2009
Ok, the only reason I took the photo was because of the people on this site. Many times in my posts before ive been told that what I saw didnt really happen or I was making shit up. I posted about non members getting into member events, I was told even though I saw it that it didnt happen so now when I see unbelieveable things I guess I automatically feel like I need proof because of yall. Anyhow, I made some out loud comments about how stupid what they were doing was, probably why they changed seats. So as to not offend anyones feelings I will take the photo down, I still stand by taking it but I could give two craps less about them being shown in the photo because really they didnt care that they were disrupting others around them. Do you know how annoying it is to have someones arm flailing around out of the corner of your eye for the majority of the train ride and just be sitting there waiting to a elbow to the back of the head.

Ice

President & CEO
Silver Donor
Jan 5, 2018
Baltimore, MD
That's fair. I know there is a large pint of skepticism (some warranted) when there is no evidence, so I agree with your need to show just how unbelievable this is. I don't think simply words would have conveyed that to me as effectively.

Feb 3, 2019
From a purely legal perspective, no wrong was done here. There is no expectation of privacy when you are in public.

This is the same reason why shows like livePD can film suspects without consent in public places. If you've ever seen the show you'd note that anytime they go inside a place, the cameraman asks if he/she can come in.

The only time that consent would be required would be if you are selling the photo for profit.

Reactions: Mushroom and Ice

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
I think there is a difference between what is moral and ethical and what is legal.

I also think there is a difference between people saying that one example of something doesn’t establish a pattern and people saying that you are making something up.

Regardless, this discussion has gone fairly far afield from the thread topic.

Oct 7, 2011
Ok, the only reason I took the photo was because of the people on this site. Many times in my posts before ive been told that what I saw didnt really happen or I was making shit up. I posted about non members getting into member events, I was told even though I saw it that it didnt happen so now when I see unbelieveable things I guess I automatically feel like I need proof because of yall.
I dunno, maybe not a great reason.

Passing culpability for one's actions onto others who have expressed reservations about them is always a healthy way to deal with negative feelings like frustration.

This remains off-topic, despite Nicole's clearly worded post above -- but honestly, WDWRLD, the only reason I did this was because of your comment. So... 😉

(That did feel good tbh.)

One question I had about the newly rebuilt/refurbed Balmoral was how it looked up close, so I genuinely appreciate the notes about the differences in paint appearance between the train/tender/first passenger car and the rest of the train.

I think Balmoral is my favorite of the three engines, to the degree that I have a solid preference on the topic. But more than anything, it's terrific to see that the park values three-train availability more than it valued the stack of cash it probably took to get Balmoral back into fighting form.

Q for the group: any notes on approximate costs for Balmoral's post-fire repair? To what degree did insurance contribute? Are the engines themselves covered (vs. just liability etc.)?

The Quist

Language keeps me locked and repeating.
Sep 7, 2018
Am I the only one that thinks it's odd that the picture in question was just a few posts after one that showed multiple peoples faces, including children and got multiple likes. I realize the context is different, but it seems strange to me. Maybe it's the assumed intent. Anyway, sorry to keep the OT rolling.

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA

Passing culpability for one's actions onto others who have expressed reservations about them is always a healthy way to deal with negative feelings like frustration.

This remains off-topic, despite Nicole's clearly worded post above -- but honestly, WDWRLD, the only reason I did this was because of your comment. So... 😉

One question I had about the newly rebuilt/refurbed Balmoral was how it looked up close, so I genuinely appreciate the notes about the differences in paint appearance between the train/tender/first passenger car and the rest of the train.

I think Balmoral is my favorite of the three engines, to the degree that I have a solid preference on the topic. But more than anything, it's terrific to see that the park values three-train availability more than it valued the stack of cash it probably took to get Balmoral back into fighting form.

Q for the group: any notes on approximate costs for Balmoral's post-fire repair? To what degree did insurance contribute? Are the engines themselves covered (vs. just liability etc.)?
I prefer the Barmoral, as well. But, I am an admitted Anglophile.

Reactions: halfabee
Nov 24, 2009
The generator did still sound like crap though. It was loud and sounded like it was running rough although the light outpot seemed constant. We rode the rear car first and when I was looking around noticed chipping paint and many places that could a little spruce up and I thought that after being OOS for so long they should have got some clean up as well. The first car looked great...well except for all the trash left from guests that day.

Nov 24, 2009

Thank You

• Love
Reactions: halfabee

Jonesta6

Glumble
Feb 14, 2019
The generator did still sound like crap though. It was loud and sounded like it was running rough although the light outpot seemed constant. We rode the rear car first and when I was looking around noticed chipping paint and many places that could a little spruce up and I thought that after being OOS for so long they should have got some clean up as well. The first car looked great...well except for all the trash left from guests that day.
Not excusing the lack of maintenance, but didn't some of BC's cars run during Christmas Town so conceivably haven't received their guest-facing maintenance as the focus until recently has been to get the train running again?

My guess is that they may not do much until next off season outside of anything that impacts guest safety.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nicole
Nov 24, 2009
Correct but they also did not have the train on site for a long while. They could have done some minor work on Blue and made the whole train like new in that time.

Reactions: mountaineers

VikingvadR

Super awesomeness 🕶
Oct 29, 2016
While the train might not be the nightmare express anytime soon. I’m assuming that the onboard audio will be read by Jack since the train was closed all of hos last season.

Jonesta6

Glumble
Feb 14, 2019
I wonder if that was due to the BC incident or if they needed the time to prep for CT?

Sep 24, 2018
It was definitely due to the balmoral as they also shut down the trains at BGT in response while they added safety measures to the trains.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alf33 and Zachary
Login or Register to Hide This Ad