Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Status
The first entry in this thread is a WikiPost. As such, it can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.

Jonesta6

Glumble
Feb 14, 2019
How great it is there's a code for drone in ride area yet I have to wonder at how a derailment wouldn't be an e-stop?

Also, I'm familiar with a set-up for a coaster but no idea how that's particularly applicable for the railroad - Alpen Express gets stuck trying to go up the grade by FHP? Also, what's a feeder wheel set-up?

Reactions: Travis...

ControlsEE

I probably should be working...
Oct 2, 2018
How great it is there's a code for drone in ride area yet I have to wonder at how a derailment wouldn't be an e-stop?

Also, I'm familiar with a set-up for a coaster but no idea how that's particularly applicable for the railroad - Alpen Express gets stuck trying to go up the grade by FHP? Also, what's a feeder wheel set-up?
The code B2-14 is specifically for Skyride, where a guest or team member ran it off the rails.

A feeder wheel setup is when a coaster train stops at the base of the lift where the lift "feeder wheels" are. On AC and Alpie, this means the train has to be evacuated to restart. No real reason why, other than that's what B&M told them to do when it happens.

Lastly, the setup code is usually only for coasters with non-auto clearing blocks. LNM is the only remaining coaster with this problem, but it was common in the early days of coaster automation to require a staff member to manually restart each block individually as a safety precaution.

Jonesta6

Glumble
Feb 14, 2019
So basically, this is the code list for the entire park but only some codes work for certain attractions?

I can understand loss of show if it means something like VB or EfP losing show elements, but what's Entertainment for unless it's just a generic way to say a ride went down for a scheduled event such as fireworks?

ControlsEE

Oct 2, 2018
So basically, this is the code list for the entire park but only some codes work for certain attractions?

I can understand loss of show if it means something like VB or EfP losing show elements, but what's Entertainment for unless it's just a generic way to say a ride went down for a scheduled event such as fireworks?
So this is the B2 code list, a list of shutdowns caused by operators or guests. B1 (mechanical/electrical problems), B3 (technical problems like broken mic or phone), and B4 (construction related, sometimes used for fireworks/entertainment) are the other shutdown codes. The radio code list, the 10 codes, was widely used across all departments. I was never given an official list, though lots of people had a "cheat sheet" of them. I knew most of them, probably still know most of them.

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
The code B2-14 is specifically for Skyride, where a guest or team member ran it off the rails.

A feeder wheel setup is when a coaster train stops at the base of the lift where the lift "feeder wheels" are. On AC and Alpie, this means the train has to be evacuated to restart. No real reason why, other than that's what B&M told them to do when it happens.
Does the same also apply to Griffin?

ControlsEE

Oct 2, 2018
Does the same also apply to Griffin?
Nope, the lift does not have feeder wheels, therefore it does not shutdown like that. The biggest issue with AC and Alpie is that the train is straddling the station and lift blocks. The other coasters do not have this issue if a train were to stop at the bottom of the lift, since it would just be in the lift block.

ControlsEE

Oct 2, 2018
The picture was taken at Verbolten btw. It's posted next to the phone at the end of the queue.
Yes, every phone that is on the park phone lines at a ride has this next to it, even if the code does not apply to that particular ride. It's just easier to keep the same list for each ride.

Reactions: Jonesta6
Mar 17, 2021
As of Memorial Day weekend, social distancing is no longer happening on the train. Not sure which day exactly, but I was there Friday 5/28 and the social distancing magnets had been removed and every row was being filled.

Reactions: Ice

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
Behind the seen train tours are now available that sounds like a cool idea especially for the kids.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210624-205323_Busch Gardens.jpg
    Screenshot_20210624-205323_Busch Gardens.jpg
    893.3 KB · Views: 28

ControlsEE

Oct 2, 2018
Behind the seen train tours are now available that sounds like a cool idea especially for the kids.
What is that, like the 3rd time they've offered it? I remember they offered it the first season of tours, then stopped for a while, then started it back up my last season (2017). I assume they stopped again, then just now added it again? Or did they stop all tours for Covid?

Reactions: Zachary

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
What is that, like the 3rd time they've offered it? I remember they offered it the first season of tours, then stopped for a while, then started it back up my last season (2017). I assume they stopped again, then just now added it again? Or did they stop all tours for Covid?
They stopped all tours during Covid but have brought back most of the other ones already. I don't remember it being around in 2019 but I also haven't ever really looked into them either.

ControlsEE

Oct 2, 2018
They stopped all tours during Covid but have brought back most of the other ones already. I don't remember it being around in 2019 but I also haven't ever really looked into them either.
And they may have stopped it by then. I just remember it was really extensive in 2009, then very scaled back when they brought it back in like 2016 or 17. Looks very similar in scope to the one from a few seasons ago.

Jul 7, 2019
And they may have stopped it by then. I just remember it was really extensive in 2009, then very scaled back when they brought it back in like 2016 or 17. Looks very similar in scope to the one from a few seasons ago.
Yeah, the original version included getting to be the train's fireman for a brief time then they scaled it back to just getting up in the cab at caribou. If staffing allowed for it, they would be brought back to one of the trains that wasn't in service. I assume that's what it's back to. I believe they did it through 2019 (source: friend who was an engineer and used to show the tours around the trains).

Status
The first entry in this thread is a WikiPost. As such, it can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
Login or Register to Hide This Ad