Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Went to Hershey Park yesterday and rode Candymonium for the first time. B&M has definitely advanced the original design with steeper drops, a little more air time and interesting elements. Regardless, Apollo's Chariot is still my favorite. Some minor gripes with Candymonium- the station is hot and claustrophobic, the ride is a little on the short side and the brown color is hideous. For these reasons Apollo's Chariot is still #1.

I got 4 rides this past week and airtime was very weak IMO no matter where I sat. The trims were slowing down too much.

Is it too much to ask for an employee to fix the ropes in the first queue structure? A rope was missing to push people down the correct path, so people would just hop over it. I guess the bigger question is why didn't someone just eliminate the rope, the line was never backing up.

I was actually thinking when I rode Sunday that the trim on the return run hit really hard. I definitely remember some pull back on the first too but I was in the front so I got sufficient airtime for my needs.

Reactions: Le Moose
I actually felt the ride was running faster than normal on sunday and Wednesday, more so on Wednesday. it was running so fast that i decided that apollo was a front row ride

There was a water splash feature a hill or two before the photo spot. Or maybe it was just a big leaky pipe from RR haha. Don’t really remember seeing that in the last 20 years.

There was a water splash feature a hill or two before the photo spot. Or maybe it was just a big leaky pipe from RR haha. Don’t really remember seeing that in the last 20 years.

You might be thinking of the cannons installed to scare geese off after the Fabio incident. They fire off before the train gets there so it's not easy to see them but they are still there ND functioning.

You might be thinking of the cannons installed to scare geese off after the Fabio incident. They fire off before the train gets there so it's not easy to see them but they are still there ND functioning.
Oooh I had no idea that is the history of the cannons! Pretty fun that they also give a good splash to the trains (unless it’s shooting pond water lol) Do you know where along the track the cannons are?

on the first drop they are behind and on the left and on the second drop over the river ut is right to left behind the fence

They don't intentionally fire at the track, their sole purpose is to mitigate impacts to wildlife (prevent another Fabio got goosed situation) - any water making it to the trains/riders from these cannons is purely incidental and not an intended effect to my knowledge.

Last edited:
Oooh I had no idea that is the history of the cannons! Pretty fun that they also give a good splash to the trains (unless it’s shooting pond water lol) Do you know where along the track the cannons are?
They don't spray the trains. They shoot off about the time the train reaches the top of the hill to help insure that the area is clear before it gets there

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad