Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Apollo's has been suffering from quite a bit of downtime. It just now having restraint issues and its closed. Was closed and down for a while this morning as well.

• Sad
Reactions: Zachary and Nicole
Nerfed? I thought it was running pretty good Thursday Night with the exception of the final break run. Ouch lol

The last ride of the night the brake run pretty much threw us out of our seats, but that’s mostly because the trims on the section under the lift hill completely missed, so it was like the ride was like “Whoops, I guess we should slow you down now, huh?”

My earlier rides were hard trimming and I barely got airtime. My last ride was pretty normal though.

Reactions: Mwe BGW
Apollo tends to run sluggish during the first half of the day, even late into the normal operating season. There’s a dramatic difference in the speed of the ride between the morning and late afternoon when it’s been warmed up and running for a full day. Since it’s been sitting dormant for months like @BGWnut said, the ride is already going to be running slower. Factor in the cooler temperatures, new problematic programming, and the shortened operating hours, it’s going to be a while before we see the ride running at it’s peak again. It still feels great to get rides on it again, especially since the trim isn’t hitting on the second airtime hill, it’s been delivering some crazy air and absolutely flying through the turn around.

Reactions: Memles and BGWnut
She was slamming into the last break run on Thursday. It was just horrible felt like whip lash.

The Chariot itself is female, due to tradition and also due to the fact that she almost always gets the job done, even when she isn’t feeling so great.

Yes, the implicit corollary is also true: Son of Beast was clearly a dude.

Random question but is Apollo’s brakes magnetic? I’ve always wondered why B&M hasn’t gone that way.

Random question but is Apollo’s brakes magnetic? I’ve always wondered why B&M hasn’t gone that way.

Apollo's Chariot has pnuematic friction brakes. B&M mag brakes were developed shortly after in the early-mid 2000s. Griffon uses them as trims to slow the train down to a more manageable speed just before the main run of friction brakes on the MCBR and final brake blocks. B&M uses magnetic brakes much more on their installations nowadays but still only as trims, never by itself in a block.

Reactions: Zachary
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad