Existing Roller Coaster Apollo's Chariot

Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Feb 14, 2019
State law. Every state has different testing requirements.
Right, but where did the state (or more accurately, the commonwealth) come up with that number?

I assume there's a mix of legislators and engineers coming up with it, but if it's 500 cycles, why could it not be 250 or 1,000 without major fault? What makes a cycle count significant over any other sort of tests and inspections?

IMO 500 cycles seems low to me, a ride could hit that count in a single day if the park had the staff to sustain it and there weren't any faults. The 100 hours makes more sense to me because it inherently forces parks to cycle the ride over multiple days which helps ensure the ride can run consistently without fault.

Reactions: Travis...

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
What exactly did they do again? It may have been said earlier and it just wasn't real clear to me. Also why did they do it? Necessary? Upgrade?
Here is the initial rumor:

horsesboy

Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
So in the WTF category Apollo went from running every other row at the beginning of the night to by 8 loading every row. This is a bad image given how visibly they had it marked as every other row at the beginning of the night and I would love see an explanation for the change.

Reactions: panopticon31
Feb 14, 2019
Apollo's Chariot's new program is really funky with the brakes. And now it does that weird slowdown thing when the first car reaches the top of the lift hill just like Alpengeist
Are they on 2 train ops? Is it waiting for a train to clear the MCBR?

Reactions: Mwe BGW

AIR

Jul 7, 2017
No. It rolls right on through for the cleared blocks I just noticed it is much less smooth on both the MCBR and safety/sevice brake. The transfer brakes and trim are still the same.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad