Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
By water cannons I am referring to the cannons that they use to keep geese and other birds away from the track. Roman rapids is not close enough

Reactions: Zachary
By water cannons I am referring to the cannons that they use to keep geese and other birds away from the track. Roman rapids is not close enough
Oh, my bad. I had no idea those existed. Do you know if there are several of the cannons around the track?

Just commenting to confirm that it's impossible for water from the Rhine to fly up. If anything it was probably water from the cannon. Apollo's trains are not fitted with the same water scoops as Griffon.

Reactions: ilovebg
Is it confirmed that the cannons fire from the park filtered water source or is there a pump for the creek water? Not that either should have water directly contact a rider under normal circumstances.

Reactions: ilovebg
We know that amoebic infection is extremely rare even in the worst possible conditions, right? Including direct submersion in known infected sources... The kennywood infection is not the norm.

I had the breeze catch the spray from the cannons before. I imagine it's water supply pumped not Rhine supplied. They are just around that first drop.

I love this!!!! I have been known to go to the park a few times a year by myself. The husband has a pretty demanding job and I have a very flexible schedule. I’ll drive to the park for a few hours to get in some coasters, shows, and food. I love to see a single riders line. It beats waiting in the que and hoping someone in front of you will notice when a seat or two are free.

My last visit to the park was Labor Day weekend, when they were still operating daily. Now that the regular season is over, I was curious if anyone noticed Apollo's paint job being finished? There were several sections left unfinished through the regular season.

Didn't Kevin mention that a large chunk of the work would have to wait until about this time of the year as they had to wait until the park is closed a few days a week?

I seem to recall that was what someone posted here...

Soundtrack is playing today
If you are referring to the lift music, that is turned on and off at the control booth. I am sure that you could ask the operator to turn it on before you left if it is not on. I always liked to turn it on when I worked there, but I am pretty sure I was the only one at the ride who didn't find it annoying. Griffon also has lift music, if you even want to call it that, but it ALWAYS gets turned off before guests arrive as it gets very annoying, very fast. Very rarely will you arrive at Griffon and find that they forgot to turn it off.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad