Existing Roller Coaster Apollo's Chariot

Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Aug 13, 2018
Sorry, but I am a bit worried and I was wondering if any of you knew if BGW does any water testing of the ravine Apollo drops into on the first drop. Some of the splash went up and into my nose, and I am concerned about bacteria/amoeba. Sorry again for how this comes across, but I guess you can never be too safe.

Sep 24, 2018
I'm not sure that I've ever heard or seen any splash on Apollo before. They have the water cannons but those shouldn't be formed in a manner that the water hits you...

But to answer your question they do. And honestly it depends on how you got wet. If it was from the water cannons then that water should be coming from the water supply so it would be safe. If it's from the Rhine somehow that water certainly gets tested because the park would need to monitor the runoff from the drains in the park that go to the Rhine. Also I think they need to ensure it's safe for the Rhine River cruise to operate

Aug 13, 2018
I'm not sure that I've ever heard or seen any splash on Apollo before. They have the water cannons but those shouldn't be formed in a manner that the water hits you...

But to answer your question they do. And honestly it depends on how you got wet. If it was from the water cannons then that water should be coming from the water supply so it would be safe. If it's from the Rhine somehow that water certainly gets tested because the park would need to monitor the runoff from the drains in the park that go to the Rhine. Also I think they need to ensure it's safe for the Rhine River cruise to operate
Oh ok, I'm not sure if it's part of the Rhine or not, though, but that's what I assumed. I got wet by sitting in the first row, and as the train completes the first drop, it goes into that huge lake and along the tracks it kicked up the surface water into a spritz, kind of like at the end of Griffon. Thank you for the info

Sep 24, 2018
Oh ok, I'm not sure if it's part of the Rhine or not, though, but that's what I assumed. I got wet by sitting in the first row, and as the train completes the first drop, it goes into that huge lake and along the tracks it kicked up the surface water into a spritz, kind of like at the end of Griffon. Thank you for the info
I'm not sure that's possible. I'm not disputing that water sprayed into your face in some manner. But the train and the track are well above the water and make zero contact with it at any point. If the train had hit water then it likely would not have had enough momentum to carry it over the second hill. It's possible there was rain water or the cannons misfired and wind blew it into the train.

Aug 13, 2018
I'm not sure that's possible. I'm not disputing that water sprayed into your face in some manner. But the train and the track are well above the water and make zero contact with it at any point. If the train had hit water then it likely would not have had enough momentum to carry it over the second hill. It's possible there was rain water or the cannons misfired and wind blew it into the train.
I really do agree with your post, as I have been on Apollo's Chariot several times and never felt water spritzed at my face like that on this ride, it was totally unexpected. It was a sunny day (yesterday), so I'm sure it isn't rain water. To be honest, I really hope it is the cannon water as that water would definitely be cleaner, but I am not sure where the rapids are in relation to the track at that point. I was sitting in the rightmost seat so I don't know.

Sep 24, 2018
By water cannons I am referring to the cannons that they use to keep geese and other birds away from the track. Roman rapids is not close enough

Reactions: Zachary
Aug 13, 2018
By water cannons I am referring to the cannons that they use to keep geese and other birds away from the track. Roman rapids is not close enough
Oh, my bad. I had no idea those existed. Do you know if there are several of the cannons around the track?

Jul 31, 2017
Just commenting to confirm that it's impossible for water from the Rhine to fly up. If anything it was probably water from the cannon. Apollo's trains are not fitted with the same water scoops as Griffon.

Reactions: ilovebg
Feb 14, 2019
Is it confirmed that the cannons fire from the park filtered water source or is there a pump for the creek water? Not that either should have water directly contact a rider under normal circumstances.

Reactions: ilovebg
Aug 10, 2018
We know that amoebic infection is extremely rare even in the worst possible conditions, right? Including direct submersion in known infected sources... The kennywood infection is not the norm.

Reactions: Connor and Joe

horsesboy

Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
I had the breeze catch the spray from the cannons before. I imagine it's water supply pumped not Rhine supplied. They are just around that first drop.

Aug 9, 2016
Virginia Beach
I love this!!!! I have been known to go to the park a few times a year by myself. The husband has a pretty demanding job and I have a very flexible schedule. I’ll drive to the park for a few hours to get in some coasters, shows, and food. I love to see a single riders line. It beats waiting in the que and hoping someone in front of you will notice when a seat or two are free.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad