Existing Roller Coaster Apollo's Chariot

Login or Register to Hide This Ad

lce

I will NEVER forgive you
Silver Donor
Jan 5, 2018
Frederick, MD
I think I'm gonna end up liking Apollo more than anything the park adds for a while coaster-wise as well for many factors if not for the grip nostalgia has on my brain alone. B&M hypers are just a special experience to me, and Apollo hits good on the money as far as they go. I feel comfortable saying I'll like Apollo the most even after MMXX as we know it in our current knowledge. Of course I can't be 100% certain, I know what ride experiences I enjoy, and the sensations provided by B&M hypers rarely overlap with Intamin launches.

Of course I don't say this as a definitive statement, more my opinion rooted in prediction.

Last edited:

DangerRaide

RIP Volcano
Aug 9, 2018
Richmond, VA
Apollo is good not because of the layout or forces, but because of its terrain usage and scenary imo. It is a pretty week hyper, but it is beautiful.

DangerRaide

RIP Volcano
Aug 9, 2018
Richmond, VA
Actually, I'd like to think the best parts are the all the airtime hills with the turnaround as an honorable mention. What other hypers I've ridden (not that many more, I'm afraid) don't come close.
The track that glides just over the water have always been my favorite parts.

May 9, 2019
Apollo is good not because of the layout or forces, but because of its terrain usage and scenary imo. It is a pretty week hyper, but it is beautiful.
'Terrain usage, scenery, beautiful'... Yes.

Forces: Some might say "just right"... not too extreme, not too weak.
Layout: Classic design. Best steel out-and-back coaster ever? Very well paced.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nicole

Zachary

𝓡oyal 𝓜ango 𝓒réme Frappuccino Survivor
Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Newport News, VA
twitter.com
Sorry. I don't read Japanese. I assume it says "Apollo's Chariot & Drachenwolf are the awesomest".
Why thank you!
Look @Drachenwolf, your opinions aren't actually all that innovative here. Most people would actually agree with you if you tempered your rhetoric just the tiniest bit. Posts like the one I quoted above are just so goddamn obnoxious and abrasive though that it makes your otherwise relatively reasonable positions come off as rude and disruptive. Just food for thought for the future.

With that said...
Can we just talk about Apollo’s?

May 9, 2019
Look @Drachenwolf, your opinions aren't actually all that innovative here. Most people would actually agree with you if you tempered your rhetoric just the tiniest bit. Posts like the one I quoted above are just so goddamn obnoxious and abrasive though that it makes your otherwise relatively reasonable positions come off as rude and disruptive. Just food for thought for the future.

With that said...
I do not require approval or agreement for dropping more of my unpopular 'innovative opinion' such as the following...

Apollo's Chariot > MMXX > 2021... which won't be and wasn't going to be a giga.

May 9, 2019
Well I sincerely hope that the other people reading this (and any other thread) recognize that no one should ever trust anything that comes out of the mouth of a person who is comfortable adjudicating facts without an ounce of actual evidence or critical thinking behind said judgement.
That post did not have anything to do with Apollo's Chariot!

Login or Register to Hide This Ad