Probably lolI think replacing X2 with a dive coaster would be the biggest downgrade in coaster history
Which is why I said it should replace Viper
They need something just as extreme to replace X2. And I think the Xtreme Spinner would be amazing
Probably lolI think replacing X2 with a dive coaster would be the biggest downgrade in coaster history
I see it similarly to Rolling Thunder’s final years, albeit a lot more public. I absolutely adored RT, but it’s fairly well known that it was in absolutely abysmal shape and a fledgling RMC basically asked Great Adventure what the hell they were supposed to do with the structure.I'm a major coaster enthusiast. I know fully well how to ride rough coasters. I still hit my head very painfully multiple times during my last rides in the Spring. I had to sit down for an hour after my last ride. Stop blaming the guests for X2 closing and blame Six Flags for letting the ride get that rough.
with a 900 number for the teaserwatch the replacement be called XXX and have the marketing be more extreme than the thrope park ad from 2009
It’s unfortunate that X2’s gone, and I blame SF, not Arrow/S&S or guests, much as I didn’t blame William Cobb or guests for RT. I also blame legacy SF for this one rather than SFEC. It’s not like the deterioration began in the 2 years and 11 days that it operated under SFEC, this was the culmination of many years of neglect, just like Great Adventure’s Skyride.
I think you can fit a Giga Dive and one other major coaster in the plots of both Viper and X2If SFMM is to get a giga dive, putting it in the front of the park where X2 and/or Viper are located makes the most sense. I don't really think that type of ride is the best choice for a park that prides itself on unique offerings (I'd go with a giant tilt coaster instead), but it is probably the safest choice for a headliner and after riding Tormenta Rampaging Run last month a coaster similar to that would definitely be a top five ride at the park for most people.
If the park isn't going to do something at least hyper sized, I'd rather they put the coaster elsewhere. X2's location is pretty awkward within the park layout and it's not the easiest land to build a ride on, plus anything that's smaller than Viper would lack the wow factor that X2 had on approach.
The only thing I will say to this is that there was a large amount of turnover right around the time of the merger, so it is entirely possible that veteran employees familiar with the unique needs of X2 left and were replaced by those with much more limited knowledge of the attraction. As a local, the quality of the ride experience has definitely felt a lot less consistent to me over the past few years than it had at any point prior.
I think you can fit a Giga Dive and one other major coaster in the plots of both Viper and X2
If they were to do just one coasterYou can, but the park is not going to be doing two big coasters in that area when they'd be looking at a $50+ million price tag for each. Either Viper sticks around and we get something using just the X2 plot, or Viper goes to have the ride start in its area and extend into portions of X2's plot.
We use essential cookies to make this site work, and optional cookies to enhance your experience.