Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
The first entry in this thread is a WikiPost. As such, it can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.

Manufacturer
ZIERER

Model
Elevated Seating Coaster w/ Vertical Drop Element

Hamlet
Oktoberfest (Germany)

Official Opening
May 18, 2012

Soft Opening
May 11, 2012

Tallest Drop
88ft

Top Speed
53mph

Inversion Count

Launch Segments

Riders Per Train

Number of Trains

Height Requirement
48in

Verbolten is an indoor/outdoor ZIERER Elevated Seating Coaster that features a Vertical Drop Element. It officially opened in mid-May 2012 on the site formally occupied by the Arrow Suspended Coaster, Big Bad Wolf.

Videos​

Development Documentary​

Ride Recordings​

On-Ride Videos​

Backstage Footage​

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. We discussed this stupidity at length previously:

Yeah, that's the "Skyrush Method" video. I actually found it on YouTube here, also with the face not censored:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Direct Link to Embedded Media Source

And while I'm here, my updated and more charitable stance on this ride...

Knowing the circumstances of the Wolf's demise, and what else was going on at the park, a ride with a novelty factor was exactly what was needed. Verbolten's drop track delivered that in spades. While it failed to fill the introductory family coaster role, it filled a new role: the high-intensity blitz-style coaster. I will always compare it to Flight of Fear, with the similar intensity, and the similar blistering speed in the dark. Actually, I have to give Verbolten the edge here in regards to sense of speed in the dark, Flight of Fear's MCBR completely destroys the pacing.

That said, the high-intensity blitz coaster role is now filled better by Pantheon, and DarKoaster is fully enclosed. I still want this ride replaced, but there are now four plots awaiting redevelopment: Drachen Fire, Battle for Eire, Da Vinci's Cradle, and Mach Tower, though the latter two (or even three) could be done for a flats package year.

I'm OK with Verbolten's existence now. I accept that removing it in the near future would be a poor decision, between the other empty plots in the park, and the ride still being well-liked. When it's time, the marketing should emphasize the return of the Wolf. I doubt many people would be on team "Save Verbolten, We Don't Want The Wolf Back".

I'd also be OK with some of the landscaping/theming budget dedicated to restoring the show building, it can't be too expensive. My first ride was 2017, when the theming had already deteriorated, though right on the first page somebody else said the show building was a big warehouse. I still refuse to ride this ride, but would be willing to re-evaluate it if the show building was up to opening year standards.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mwe BGW
Yeah, that's the "Skyrush Method" video. I actually found it on YouTube here, also with the face not censored:

Knowing the circumstances of the Wolf's demise, and what else was going on at the park, a ride with a novelty factor was exactly what was needed. Verbolten's drop track delivered that in spades. While it failed to fill the introductory family coaster role, it filled a new role: the high-intensity blitz-style coaster. I will always compare it to Flight of Fear, with the similar intensity, and the similar blistering speed in the dark. Actually, I have to give Verbolten the edge here in regards to sense of speed in the dark, Flight of Fear's MCBR completely destroys the pacing.

That said, the high-intensity blitz coaster role is now filled better by Pantheon, and DarKoaster is fully enclosed. I still want this ride replaced, but there are now four plots awaiting redevelopment: Drachen Fire, Battle for Eire, Da Vinci's Cradle, and Mach Tower, though the latter two (or even three) could be done for a flats package year.

I'm OK with Verbolten's existence now. I accept that removing it in the near future would be a poor decision, between the other empty plots in the park, and the ride still being well-liked. When it's time, the marketing should emphasize the return of the Wolf. I doubt many people would be on team "Save Verbolten, We Don't Want The Wolf Back".

I'd also be OK with some of the landscaping/theming budget dedicated to restoring the show building, it can't be too expensive. My first ride was 2017, when the theming had already deteriorated, though right on the first page somebody else said the show building was a big warehouse. I still refuse to ride this ride, but would be willing to re-evaluate it if the show building was up to opening year standards.

Why do you refuse to ride? I totally agree the show building/theming is half the fun but the ride is still good quality and has “tricks” to make it enjoyable

I don’t think BGW cares what a random user on a forum thinks. Verbolten is very popular and there’s a zero percent chance they remove it and bring back BBW.

I don’t think BGW cares what a random user on a forum thinks. Verbolten is very popular and there’s a zero percent chance they remove it and bring back BBW.
I agree. Bolt is probably the most popular ride on any given day it feels. It’s near a big food area, snack stand, shade, and it’s novel. Throw in the family aspect and it beats out the other rides.

Trust me. We all wish Big Bad Wolf still existed, but to keep it operational they pretty much would’ve had to rebuild the ride. Arrow’s Suspended coasters tried to pull themselves apart. However, Verbolten has left plenty of tributes to BBW.
-Wolf Crossing license plate
-wolf showscene
-finale layout

The experience could be so much more. I wish they would employ some projection mapping, similar to Space Mountain. Cameras could project images of wolves, trees, spirit of the forest or thunderstorms on the walls, especially now that the curtains all have been removed.

Why do you refuse to ride?
First is the long lines it still draws, when I could get more rides on the other coasters I enjoy more. Again, that's also a sign of its enduring popularity. Second is the fact that it made me vomit once. No other ride has disrespected me like that.

I'm not advocating for removing Verbolten within the next five years, but later down the road. As I said, there are four ride plots that still need redevelopment first, then there's possibly the empty space inside Pantheon's layout that could fit a flat package, and then factor in years that could be WCUSA additions only. They have plenty to fill before tearing out a new hole. And if Battle for Eire's replacement is somehow a proper swinging full-sized coaster using the land between the England parking lot and the entrance, then disregard all of this.

Unless Alpengeist becomes as rough as Mind Eraser by 2030, Verbolten will be the first coaster I'd recommend removing after 2030.

Last edited:
Status
The first entry in this thread is a WikiPost. As such, it can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad