Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Yes we've explored the limits of force. Widespread, intense ejector air was the last frontier. Of course there will still be those wanting to ride it when fastest, with a loose restraint.

In my case, stomach limits how close I can get the bar to my thighs. Have found not to ride in a seat with worn padding on it, the friction can feel like pulling the skin off. Usually tighten it some going up the lift. I also use the "Hakugai grip" at spots -- the ride operators there tell people to hold on to the bar with crossed arms. Holding on further forward such as the original handholds does little good.

I'm starting to really like how TT doesn't seem to slow down for individual hills. It is uncanny.

I'm starting to really like how TT doesn't seem to slow down for individual hills. It is uncanny.

I'd guess this is because of the original drop height is like twice as high as the next largest hill, not a lot of places for the momentum to wear out all that much.

Reactions: Coasternerd
People like to make an argument that it's "out of gas" after the zero G roll and I don't agree with that at all, especially when it's running fast. I love that mini banked turn right after the zero G roll especially on the left side of the train and that last airtime hill always seems to deliver I learned to stop letting my guard down before that over time because it and the brake run pop used to always get me off guard.

People like to make an argument that it's "out of gas" after the zero G roll and I don't agree with that at all, especially when it's running fast. I love that mini banked turn right after the zero G roll especially on the left side of the train and that last airtime hill always seems to deliver I learned to stop letting my guard down before that over time because it and the brake run pop used to always get me off guard.
You talking about the turn inside the lift hill? Or am I just being a idiot.

Question- I haven't been since pre-covid and I'm going Sunday. Is it true that they have metal detectors before the line now?

Question- I haven't been since pre-covid and I'm going Sunday. Is it true that they have metal detectors before the line now?

Yes, but there are free (small) lockers in the line too to stow keys, phone and wallet. You can NOT store a fanny pack or anything like that in them. If you have something like that or a small bag, that will have to stowed in the pay lockers before getting in line.

Reactions: CoasterTalkBob
Yes, but there are free (small) lockers in the line too to stow keys, phone and wallet. You can NOT store a fanny pack or anything like that in them. If you have something like that or a small bag, that will have to stowed in the pay lockers before getting in line.
Do they fit baseball hats? Shame that fanny packs don't fit/can't be worn.

I went to KD yesterday and, as you may have seen, the last many times I've ridden this I found it pretty painful. Thigh pain. Such that it really wasn't any fun for me. Well yesterday I rode it near the middle and I don't know if that made it better or it is just running slower, but in any case it didn't hurt at all and was a lot of fun again finally. I would have ridden again, but the operations yesterday were the worst I've ever seen on any coaster ever, especially once it started to rain. It was so bad it would take me a while to explain at all and I'm not up for at the moment. lol. I'll type it up later.

Sneak peak: at one point one of the ops, who was missing for a bit, came out again and said, "it's not locked is it?" She said this about 3 times while walking the wrong way until she realized that in fact not only was it locked, but it had been locked about 2 minutes prior. Only then did she check the restraints and finally the train was sent off. That's only the tip of the iceberg.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Coasternerd
I've found that sometimes the ride is very uncomfortable and other times I can ride it multiple times without any issues. I thought if the bar is a little too lose it hurts my thighs more than if it's a tighter fit. It could just be the speed of the trains as mentioned in previous posts.

I've found that sometimes the ride is very uncomfortable and other times I can ride it multiple times without any issues. I thought if the bar is a little too lose it hurts my thighs more than if it's a tighter fit. It could just be the speed of the trains as mentioned in previous posts.
My lapbar was possibly actually a bit looser than normal. I had a little room to move (not much, just very small amount of space). So I'm guessing this has more to do with speed of the train and/or position on the train, or possibly both. I mean I would expect that the forces would be less in the middle, so that had to help at least somewhat. If I could capture that ride in a bottle I would keep it safely on the shelf. Also worth noting that it was raining lightly, which I think makes it run a bit faster? But it was also Fall, albeit a warmer fall day.

Reactions: bill s
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad