Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Oct 22, 2019
We rode this once yesterday and for me it hurt. It's fun, but it's just not something I can ride more than once. If anything it's gotten worse for me. I used to want to and did re-ride a few times in a row before it would hurt, but now after one ride I want to get off and head to another ride. I love parts of the ride, and parts of it I just find myself bracing to minimize the pain. Basically every short fast hill, especially the tilted ones, aren't much fun.
I did 8 rides on Saturday, and I have a bruise on my shin to show for it. (I found it didn't bother me too much, and this is the second time I've effectively marathoned it for an hour or so, but I definitely know what you're talking about).

• Wow
Reactions: Zachary
Dec 7, 2021
Does anyone else feel like the back car on Timbers is a bit overwhelming? I love it to death but man the last 30% of the ride just feels absolutely insane back there to me for some reason. Also yeah that's definitely where the leg pain can start! I love how relentless this ride is you definitely don't get any breathers between the overbank and the brake run. It's just boom boom boom the entire way. I particularly love the sequence between the cutback and the Zero-G roll. Just absolutely insane.
The outerbanked hill under the lift, imo, is the best point of airtime on the ride. If you can ride on the load side of the train, you get yanked out of your seat, and don’t lane back into your seat until the train starts to make the transition into the bunny hill after.

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
There is a report on the KD Facebook group that the free lockers have been removed and that you will be turned away and sent to the paid lockers if you try to carry anything with you. Has anyone been on it this year that can confirm this?

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
Free lockers are still there. You still put your phone, keys, wallet, or other small loose items from your pocket in them. You can’t come through the line with any bags at all or anything large. These people are getting turned away.
That was what I was guessing and assuming but I didn't make it down to TT last week on my brief visit so I wasn't sure that I was right.

Nov 30, 2018
There is a report on the KD Facebook group that the free lockers have been removed and that you will be turned away and sent to the paid lockers if you try to carry anything with you. Has anyone been on it this year that can confirm this?
Not true at all yesterday. Situation is the same as last year.

Apr 22, 2019
People have tried to stuff larger things into the free lockers and then the locker gets jammed. They will turn you away every time if you bring anything bigger than keys, wallet and phone. Though... I don't remember where I learned this for sure. I think it was an employee on a discord server. So... YMMV. But I mean, the lockers are small.

Nibbins

Resident Rat - They/Them
Sep 3, 2019
VA Beach
People have tried to stuff larger things into the free lockers and then the locker gets jammed. They will turn you away every time if you bring anything bigger than keys, wallet and phone. Though... I don't remember where I learned this for sure. I think it was an employee on a discord server. So... YMMV. But I mean, the lockers are small.
They turned my son around for wearing a fanny pack before, so you probably won't get in line with anything bigger than that, if they pay attention.
It technically does fit in the locker though,

Apr 22, 2019
They turned my son around for wearing a fanny pack before, so you probably won't get in line with anything bigger than that, if they pay attention.
This reminds me that specifically what i was told that it was people stuffing fanny packs into the lockers that was making them jam.

Reactions: Nibbins
Mar 8, 2022
Martinsburg, WV
twitter.com
The problem with this is that some fanny packs fit and some don't..... Logistically you can't draw a finite line and properly enforce it so they have to just restrict them all -- and they also have to really enforce the rules or others will start doing that "well, I saw someone do it before" reasoning when entering the line.

So over my 16 rides on Twisted Timbers the last 6 days I’ve concluded that that ride is roller coaster crack if you love airtime. I mean the smaller I get the more fun it is. Today my first ride I got the sensor green with a significant amount of space in the back row. The ride basically threw me everywhere in the best way. After that I kept getting stapled by the op that was working the exit side today. Either way man that ride is so much fun. I need to get on more RMCs. Still only at Timbers and NTAG. Should hopefully hit Iron Gwazi in May.

Mar 16, 2016
So over my 16 rides on Twisted Timbers the last 6 days I’ve concluded that that ride is roller coaster crack if you love airtime. I mean the smaller I get the more fun it is. Today my first ride I got the sensor green with a significant amount of space in the back row. The ride basically threw me everywhere in the best way. After that I kept getting stapled by the op that was working the exit side today. Either way man that ride is so much fun. I need to get on more RMCs. Still only at Timbers and NTAG. Should hopefully hit Iron Gwazi in May.
I’ve been on a few now and RMC seemed to start figuring out their pace problems with TT. I’d recommend anything TT or newer over their early conversions.

Reactions: CoasterAuditor
Dec 7, 2021
I’ve been on a few now and RMC seemed to start figuring out their pace problems with TT. I’d recommend anything TT or newer over their early conversions.
Not that the others have a huge amount of issues with pacing, but they’re just the “let’s try and see how it goes” kind of rides.

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
I thought Joker at SFDK was great. Admittedly, it is a much smaller project, but it was an earlier conversion and is an incredibly fun ride.

Reactions: belsaas
Dec 7, 2021
Certainly remembered yesterday this ride is not THAT re-ridable when it's actually warmer outside. That airtime just turns ridiculous when it's running fast.
I rode it recently a little over a week ago. It wasn’t that warm out- and you could hear the upstop wheels grinding on the underside of the track. It was running insane that day. And the cherry on top is they didn’t staple me. Best ride at KD.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad