Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
@b.mac I assume that’s why they’re bringing in Carowinds’ chef for the event. In the gap between Chef Paul and Chef Tiffanie, they brought in Knott’s chef for Taste of Virginia.

Reactions: Zachary and b.mac
On another note, I noticed the parade floats parked behind Twisted Timbers this morning. They are massive. The park has really gone all out for this event.

I really hope this event is successful. That the park is willing to invest so much capital and effort into an international festival focused on food and entertainment shows me that Kings Dominion is working hard to keep distancing themselves from the “rides park” image they’ve been working so hard to move away from in the past few years.

The park has done a LOT since the last time I was here! Too many things to take pictures of it all, but I’m excited to see everything debut tomorrow!

HAPPY CARNIVALE!

It always amazes me how much better KD's prop carpenters are than BGW. They are just more talented.

You mean the subcontractors they hire to do the work. Their carpenters only take care of the rides themselves.

Also leave it to the Coke supplier agreement that no meals include drinks, gotta maximize that revenue 9.9

Reactions: wombat96
@b.mac I did not know they sub that stuff out. Whoever does the work is a hell of a lot better than the hacks at BGW. Small things like knowing when to use brads v. drywall screws make a huge difference. Then of course there was thing at BGW that was supposed be Lady Liberty.

Reactions: b.mac
@b.mac I did not know they sub that stuff out. Whoever does the work is a hell of a lot better than the hacks at BGW. Small things like knowing when to use brads v. drywall screws make a huge difference. Then of course there was thing at BGW that was supposed be Lady Liberty.

Yeah I was just pointing it out, lol. Sorry if it came off harsh. Afaik the only actual thing that anyone in the specific park does besides set up and serve the food is that sign shop designs and installs the signs and decorations on the buildings.

KD's sign shop is oddly enough one of the better ones on the east coast and I have yet to find anything from them that I could knock in the slightest.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad