Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
So, goodbye Volcano, goodbye Crypt, and we know that Anaconda / Avalanche are on borrowed time just due to their age and ridership.

Major yikes for this park.

This is a little exaggerated IMO. There’s no reason to believe Volcano and Crypt won’t be replaced, and supposedly Anaconda and Avalanche both have steady ridership numbers. Plus, Tony Johnson said at the ACE Q&A this fall that there are no plans to remove Anaconda.

Be the perfect space for a Planet Snoopy expansion...

Not foreshadowing, just a thought.
Honestly if a planet Snoopy expansion saves Avalanche I would be for it I really fear that this is a prelude to losing that to and that would make me very unhappy. But it has a low enough height that I could see it staying in a Planet Snoopy expansion.

Wow, I know new things will come, but without news. this just doesn't look good. Lost a large waterslide, popular coaster and now this yet anaconda lives on.....

Plus, Tony Johnson said at the ACE Q&A this fall that there are no plans to remove Anaconda.
Not that I follow KD that closely but didn't last year's initial Season Tickets printing feature Volcano? Skeptic that I am, I never 100% buy into assurances like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: BGWnut
To be fair, talks of removing Crypt have been around for years. I remember Gary Chadwick implying its imminent removal back when he was GM. If it weren’t for Volcano being removed just across the path, this probably wouldn’t have been as tough of a blow.

I’m honestly okay with this going away. It was fun to ride a few times but I know that it was down a lot and not that reliable. I’m hoping that whatever we get in 2021 will make up for both this and Volcano’s closure (and then some!).

In other news, KD’s gif game is spot on...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
I’m actually sad about this. The restraints were ball crushers, but the flipping sensation was such an insane feeling that it literally made me laugh out loud every time. The theming was also beautiful (if a bit weathered), and when the effects were working, it was quite the show to watch too.

I’m curious about what will happen to the space. We knew this removal was coming at some point, but with Volcano gone, this is just really unfortunate timing. That area is going to be awfully dead this season.
If you think about it, there is a good deal of space in front of the old volcano / haunted river queue building. The only rides there was the Crypt to the north and the scrambler to the south. You had all that space between with the short paths criss-crossing each other with shrubs and small trees. Outside of the "truck" food stand and some fake rock formations, there are no other structures except the Icee stand and food stand at the far southwest corner. Now with the crypt gone, that opens up the northern perimeter of that area.

If that area is getting the attraction(s) for 2021, KD could use the "front" land as part of the footprint.

Reactions: Mushroom and Nicole
I enjoyed this ride pretty well even though the restraints dug into my shoulders.

My favorite thing about the ride was watching people's flip flops getting launched into orbit

Reactions: AlpenChariot
What a great ride it was back when it was Firefall. When converted to "The Crypt" it lost some of it's chutzpah. Sad to see it go, On top of Volcano and the mountain being removed... Is Safari Village getting a makeover?

I hope CF replaces the mountain in some way, shape or form.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad