Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Status
The first entry in this thread is a WikiPost. As such, it can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
Manufacturer - Premier Rides
Model - Sky Rocket II
Type - Steel Coaster
Height - 150 ft
Length - 863 ft
Top Speed - 62 mph
Elements - 3 (LSM Launch Track, Heartline Roll, Non-Inverting Loop)
Trains - 1 train, 2 across with 3 rows, 18 riders per train
Restraints - Lap Bar with a Padded Over the Shoulder Strap Collar
Opened - April 25, 2015
Hamlet - Festa Italia

RCDB

ParkFans Thread Roundup - Confirmed | First Line of Sight | Second Line of Sight

Mar 24, 2021
Is that because you can find so many other identical clones around the world?
I mean let’s look at it. Ride time is short. Not good. Queue is always long because it only has one train. Not good. The restraints kinda suck. Not good. It’s a clone. Not good. It’s orange. Cool. Now you decide whether or not it’s good or bad

Feb 3, 2012
Virginia Beach, VA
Outta pocket.
I have no idea what that means, but it sounds expensive.

parks and recreation GIF by Stan.

warfelg

Advisory Panel
Mar 16, 2016
Am I the only one seeing these new compact offerings being shown by intamin and zamperla and feeling kinda jealous?
Yes and no. They are just variants of the same basic 3-launch swing high inversion ride.

Ive contested before that the Skyrocket II model took over the Vekoma Boomerang model as a go to cheap high thrill compact coaster. Only difference now is other companies can replicate this putting multiple models in this spectrum. But the bigger longer Intamin and Zamperla models just mean lower capacity and longer wait times.

I feel the Tempesto issue has little to do with the ride itself. I take it between the “landscaping project” then acting like it was a big deal doomed it. If you are a smaller park (lake compounce) hyping this up then it’s a good thing. When you are BGW, this isn’t something to pound your chest over.

Jonesta6

Glumble
Feb 14, 2019
I feel the Tempesto issue has little to do with the ride itself. I take it between the “landscaping project” then acting like it was a big deal doomed it. If you are a smaller park (lake compounce) hyping this up then it’s a good thing. When you are BGW, this isn’t something to pound your chest over.

Tbh I don't remember there being much more hype than the standard amount for new attractions, certainly not a seemingly endless amount of ads and other types of marketing outside of the park they may do whenever Pantheon opens.

I like the ride experience, but would be curious if anyone comes up with a compact design that allows for higher capacity.

Also, much like others have stated - they should have stuck it somewhere else so it's not right on top of AC - though tbf I'd have objected less if they could have encircled AC's lift with it.

Zachary

BGW Eggspert
Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Am I the only one seeing these new compact offerings being shown by intamin and zamperla and feeling kinda jealous?
I honestly wouldn't be jealous of anything manufactured by Zamperla. 😋

I'm squarely in the "Tempesto is incredibly mediocre" camp, but I won't claim Premier isn't a high quality manufacturer. Tempesto has respectable uptime, it's still nice and smooth, etc.

Mar 24, 2021
I honestly wouldn't be jealous of anything manufactured by Zamperla. 😋

I'm squarely in the "Tempesto is incredibly mediocre" camp, but I won't claim Premier isn't a high quality manufacturer. Tempesto has respectable uptime, it's still nice and smooth, etc.
I mean, yeah. If this was in a vacuum, the ride isn’t that bad. Smooth, new, fairly novel. In the real world, it’s super slow to get on and off, super short ride time, it’s a clone, and it’s kinda ugly, because it looks like a giant cage.

warfelg

Advisory Panel
Mar 16, 2016
Tbh I don't remember there being much more hype than the standard amount for new attractions, certainly not a seemingly endless amount of ads and other types of marketing outside of the park they may do whenever Pantheon opens.

I like the ride experience, but would be curious if anyone comes up with a compact design that allows for higher capacity.

Also, much like others have stated - they should have stuck it somewhere else so it's not right on top of AC - though tbf I'd have objected less if they could have encircled AC's lift with it.
Mack (I think it's them) has the rotating loading platform.

warfelg

Advisory Panel
Mar 16, 2016
I mean, yeah. If this was in a vacuum, the ride isn’t that bad. Smooth, new, fairly novel. In the real world, it’s super slow to get on and off, super short ride time, it’s a clone, and it’s kinda ugly, because it looks like a giant cage.
Clones are good. Hating them is kinda silly to me unless 3 parks all near each there do the same clone.

Status
The first entry in this thread is a WikiPost. As such, it can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
Login or Register to Hide This Ad