Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Status
The first entry in this thread is a WikiPost. As such, it can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
Manufacturer - Premier Rides
Model - Sky Rocket II
Type - Steel Coaster
Height - 150 ft
Length - 863 ft
Top Speed - 62 mph
Elements - 3 (LSM Launch Track, Heartline Roll, Non-Inverting Loop)
Trains - 1 train, 2 across with 3 rows, 18 riders per train
Restraints - Lap Bar with a Padded Over the Shoulder Strap Collar
Opened - April 25, 2015
Hamlet - Festa Italia

RCDB

ParkFans Thread Roundup - Confirmed | First Line of Sight | Second Line of Sight

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
I mean, it's basically a modern boomerang model. And it was an off the shelf offering that SEAS likely got a break on for prepaying for 3 of them at once.

Unrelated:
I know some will hate this, but for visual/ride experience interest, I wonder if it would have been possible to angle Tempesto so Apollo's lift went through Tempesto's structure.
I think that the situation with Nessie nit running trains through the loops at the same time and dueling draggons shows why this would be a bad idea. There would either need to be really good coordination between the two ride teams to ensure the there wasn't an Apollo train on the lift while Tempesto was running or Twisted Timbers style loose article control for this to run safely and I just don't see either working to a level that I would trust.

Jonesta6

Glumble
Feb 14, 2019
Or they could link the ride systems so that when Tempesto cycles AC can't be on the lift a la KK and Zumanjaro.

However, that would limit the cycles for at least one ride depending on which one is given preference.

Reactions: Travis...

SLC Headache

The Spirit of the Forest is a raging Karen
Aug 9, 2017
I'm thinking of how Jaguar has a cage around the part where it threads through Montezooma's Revenge's loop.

vacoasterfanatic

used to like pompeii alot, as my username implied
May 14, 2019
Can't wait for people to say "let's go on the one that goes backwards!" And then accidentally go on tempesto instead of pantheon (trust me, people have mistaken tempesto for apollo, and pantheon is even more similar in some ride elements)

Reactions: Travis...

Nibbins

Resident Rat - They/Them
Sep 3, 2019
VA Beach
Apparently Tempesto is running today. (according to someone on Facebook)

Can anyone confirm?

May 19, 2021
Rode tempesto for the first time on Thursday 5/20 and it was great, for me it’s in my Top 3 at the park, truly a good time.

Reactions: Zachary

Sir Griffondor

DrachenFire matchstick
May 4, 2021
Operations at Tempesto has taking as long as 8 mins this is beyond ridiculous. Ride operator constantly taking over 4 mins to load fast queue members.

Why aren't your fastest loaders on the larger rides? Also the operators need to try and make their times, I mean damn. Running 6-7 mins after the clock hit 0:00 is unacceptable.

ControlsEE

I probably should be working...
Oct 2, 2018
Operations at Tempesto has taking as long as 8 mins this is beyond ridiculous. Ride operator constantly taking over 4 mins to load fast queue members.

Why aren't your fastest loaders on the larger rides? Also the operators need to try and make their times, I mean damn. Running 6-7 mins after the clock hit 0:00 is unacceptable.
Complain to GR before you leave and I guarantee those TM's will be talked to.

Reactions: Sir Griffondor

Sir Griffondor

DrachenFire matchstick
May 4, 2021
Complain to GR before you leave and I guarantee those TM's will be talked to.
I think the park knew what was going on. They changed out the ride operator, and had two staff members come down, to control the fast queue.
To be honest I believe one of the ride operators was new and she was listening, and talking to fast queue way too long and often. You could tell the other seat check member was getting frustrated because he was consistently trying to coach her on what to do.
But yeah it was bad as I've ever seen it, I've never seen the clock hit 0:00 multiple times and the gates hadn't even been opened yet to seat guest. And it's Tempesto so yeah the one train only makes it 10x worst.
Btw Invadr was freaking rolling, they had a train conductor help with seating. Those guys rocked it. Lighting fast ops trains loaded and goan in under a min probably.

Status
The first entry in this thread is a WikiPost. As such, it can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
Login or Register to Hide This Ad