Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Don't forget that the County code has a mandatory parking ratio based upon occupied square footage. Depending on what was specifically established for BGW (code requires 2 spaces for each 500 sq ft of occupied space), they'll have to make up in lost regular and handicapped spaces elsewhere.

I am puzzled by that attitude as I see very little drawbacks and lots of pluses to the prodject. We really don't lose anything but parking spaces if they build it and we gain all the advantages that the park and extra cash brings in. Heck its possible thas this could lead to the park being one of the lead parks in the company. Ohe only needs to look at the advantages that Carowinds received over KD to see what being the premiere park in the company can do for. Add to the possibility of pulling kids away from BGW durring Hallowscream and I see it as a big win win.

Oh I suppose you're right. I, again, understand the financial perspective of this. But perhaps I'm just needlessly clinging to the idea of a purely BGW-specific park.

I've long been an advocate for replacing the existing lots with parking garages. It's expensive, but it's the only logical way to deal with not only the loss of parking spaces but the addition of more visitors with the addition of a new park. Also, since a parking garage takes up less physical surface area on the ground, this would help eliminate some of the negative effects massive parking lots have on the surrounding environment in regards to water runoff.

My long-term vision for the property includes the addition of the second gate such as Sesame Place in the France parking lot, but I would take it further by removing the England parking lot and building a CityWalk/Downtown Disney type experience that includes a resort property, replace the Germany parking lot with a parking structure and if necessary the Ireland parking lot. Mind you this was before the Blackfish Backlash, I actually mapped out a similar plan back in 2012 when there was rumors swirling that InBev would close the Williamsburg Plant. While the Sesame Place rumor obviously doesn't include the removal of the Brewery, the same concepts can be adapted to Sesame Place replacing the France parking lot.

My first thought was tram space. A high school brings in three charter buses, that’s ~160 kids. Park across the street and use a tram, but don’t park in Italy/Ireland!
I doubt that as they have to hire police to direct traffic when they use the overflow lots. I think they'll have a designated bus drop area near England. Then the buses will park across the street or wherever.

Reactions: warfelg
Part of the issue is that BGW uses the same parking area for all large size vehicles. Lots of places use a drop off and move system for buses since the drivers usually stay with the vehicle this system works decent for school and tour buses but wouldn't work for the decent amount of RVs that BGW sees on any given day that share the lot with the buses.

Updates about if this is still happening?
It has never been confirmed. There was s survey to judge interst in it last year but there has been nothing said since then. That doesn't mean that they have decided not to do it their contract with Seasme Workshop stipulates a 2021 opening of a new park so it's still early for that deadline. I would rate it as probably a 50/50 likely hood.

Reactions: Nicole and jornor
It has never been confirmed. There was s survey to judge interst in it last year but there has been nothing said since then. That doesn't mean that they have decided not to do it their contract with Seasme Workshop stipulates a 2021 opening of a new park so it's still early for that deadline. I would rate it as probably a 50/50 likely hood.

Although we are close to them having to start work on opening something by then if they want to. I'm interested if there's a date in 2021 it has to open. Like if they just need it by DEC 31st, they could get by with a soft open in winter and have time to wait. If not they got to get a move on because they don't have long to get started.

Reactions: Alf33 and Nicole
Yeah, I'd say a 2021 open is actually quite rapidly approaching, if they were to aim for another entire gate (however small) on the property by EOY '21.

Basically three full years. It could be done. I'd expect to see permit applications in the very near future if it were to actually happen in W-burg.

Anyone have any idea if this might still happen? They still haven't announced a second park anywhere else either. Now that Madrid info is leaking out I'd love to find out about this. I still think they would have to start work sometime soon wherever they pick to finish in time.

Anyone have any idea if this might still happen? They still haven't announced a second park anywhere else either. Now that Madrid info is leaking out I'd love to find out about this. I still think they would have to start work sometime soon wherever they pick to finish in time.
There’s like 3 upcoming projects evidently so I assume this is more into the 2020s.

It seems the Sesame budget was pushed onto the new area at SWO and the recently announced revamp of Sesame Place in PA. I still support the idea which the park proposed for Williamsburg and hope we hear more in the future.

Reactions: Alf33 and Nicole
Wondering if SEAS is waiting to see how the larger Sesame Street area at Seaworld Orlando fares before going full tilt into creating an entire gate of it (again). That expansion opens on the 27th of March so we're not far off.

Wondering if SEAS is waiting to see how the larger Sesame Street area at Seaworld Orlando fares before going full tilt into creating an entire gate of it (again). That expansion opens on the 27th of March so we're not far off.
I'd think they'd have to renegotiate that "new park by mid-2021" agreement (if they haven't already).

Reactions: thopping and Sky
I think it's perfectly possible to build a new Sesame Place park in the France lot as what is proposed if they start construction before the end of this year. It's going to be nowhere near as big as other recent new park projects, and even then those are still on the smaller side compared to their competition.

The things that I would have a problem with are parking accomdations, staffing, ticket pricing, this thing tripping over 500 different ordinances before a shovel hits the ground, but hey at least you can actually get most of the kids out of the park in time for Howl O Scream to start instead of seeing them fart and cry their way through a scare zone at their parent's behest.

Reactions: wombat96
Rehashing my thoughts when this first came up, I think the first obstacle (of many) would be parking. I'm certain they have to maintain a certain number of parking spaces per JCC ordinances. I've no idea if BGW currently meets or exceeds what's required.

Thus, if BGW is mandated X spaces (and they don't already exceed what's required), they'd have to replace those that will be lost before they can close off the France lot. And, I would think, they'd have to add even more to address the additional spaces required for the new occupied areas.

I know there's some members that have been involved with civic planning, so they might be able to clarify. I'm just recalling in my previous life what we had to address when we expanded.

I know there's some members that have been involved with civic planning, so they might be able to clarify. I'm just recalling in my previous life what we had to address when we expanded.

Remember they do have the Scotland lot that has rarely been used in the last 15 or so years, so all they may have to do is get JCC approval for traffic updates. Beyond that I remember discussion about a parking garage but that was mostly speculation.

There’s space at WCUSA for more parking.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad