Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
it is sad that they have really let this ride go..in fact, most of Festa Italia needs an update....As for RR, the entire thing needs a revamp..most of the features dont work..the landscaping needs to be taken care off and a fresh coat of paint here and there would not be a bad thing

I thought it was neat until they totally butchered the waterfalls at the end.
Yeah, the ride used to be known as the super short, minimally themed rapids ride, but with a TOTALLY RAD SPLASH-TASTIC FINALE THAT'S GUARANTEED TO GET YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS ABSOLUTELY DRENCHED! Now, it's just some PVC pipe attached to the decaying roman theming as the boat slowly passes underneath these makeshift waterfalls and only a few people even get remotely wet. It's frustrating, as the first half of the ride, while nothing to write home about, as I'm writing this from home, has some nice theming. Nothing crazy, but the blue boats whizzing past the path and the nearby restaurant along with the water cannons adds some much needed kinetic energy to a dead end in the park. The theming is nice to look at, and the landscaping when properly maintained is also really under appreciated. While I would love to see them do some sort of Infinity Falls-esque revamp, just throwing up some more theming or even columns in the back half of the ride and lift would do wonders. It's a neat area in the ravine next to Apollo, but some additional theming would just do wonders to help make the ride slightly more interesting. I would even settle for some in-house HOS level theming just as a temporary band aid, before the ride is inevitably removed or revamped over the next decade.

Unless it requires an extremely costly emergency repair (such as the concrete trough disintegrating and sending large volumes of water out of the ride), I just don't see them doing much to this ride especially when they were already taking the financial risk of FF/Pantheon/2021(2?) plus the pandemic.

However, I agree with @Connor and others who want to see a theming update/refresh.

I think it also depends on the day you go as to how wet you get. The last time I rode I got pretty soaked. Not like when the waterfalls were running as they should, but enough to be uncomfortable in wet clothes for a while. (Worth it)

I do think it needs a refurbishment. I'd love for them to bring back the incredibly 80s logo.

I’ve always gotten pretty wet- the question was just a matter of how drenched and how fast would I dry. I think that part of the problem with the ride was that EfP is a favorite of many, and so it always paled in comparison. If I knew I only had time for one of them, I was definitely going to pick Pompeii. If RR closed down, but Pompeii remained, I would only be but so sad to be honest.

IMO I always thought of it as a great way to cool off vs EfP since it used to be guaranteed you'd get soaked on RR whereas some seats and half-full boats on EfP seemed relatively dry.

Reactions: Applesauce
IMO I always thought of it as a great way to cool off vs EfP since it used to be guaranteed you'd get soaked on RR whereas some seats and half-full boats on EfP seemed relatively dry.
Honestly, that’s also probably why I preferred EfP...getting wet was always my least favorite part (which I know is weird for someone who’s riding a water ride).

Reactions: halfabee
Long live the Intamin (and Arrow) water rides!

..I mean, they kind have already all had a long life...

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad