Existing Rhinefeld (Germany)

Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Aug 19, 2013
I have found many now that don't want to scan. The place you mention is the worst offender. I agree, I am sure some are or will take advantage of the system. That being said, if I am just refilling my all day free refill cup and the line to checkout is long, I will and have just walked out without waiting in the line. I don't feel like I am stealing anything since I always purchase the all day refill. The worst that will happen is that an employee will stop me and tell me I need to wait in line and I would be okay with that.

Lord Robert

"Not pet. Wingman."
Apr 18, 2014
CastleOSullivan said:
I can't believe I didn't mention this, but the last weekend I noticed what seemed like a new sound coming from the Glockenspiel. It was still the Westminster chime sound, which is standard. This time however, the chimes were loud. I also did not see any speakers in sight.

It sounded like real chimes that have been restored. The way it eccoed through the village was beautiful. I can see that the park has not given up on this clock yet. The new sealant in the fountain still needs to be painted though.
Can't wait to hear them. It must've sounded great without those speakers.

Reactions: jornor
Apr 5, 2017
I noticed that too. It was open in April. That is my son's favorite place to get his treat of the day. Maybe using staff for F&W? I hope it's not closed all summer.

Apr 5, 2017
Oh well. I checked today and the shop in England also has custom rice crispy treats that he loves. Just not as convenient since we are only in England at the beginning and on the way out of the park.

Apr 5, 2017
Doesn't make sense to me. It may not have been making money from April until now but I don't see how it doesn't make money in July and summer weekends. If that is the criteria for closing something all summer long then a lot of stores will be closing.

Apr 5, 2017
That area has a lot of traffic but the store never had good signage. I've had numerous people ask where I got "that treat" from and many people had no idea the store was there. My youngest son loves the fact that you can customize your candy the way you want. He loves the Rice Krispy Treats dipped in white chocolate with M&Ms. A sign emphasizing CUSTOM made treats/candy could have done wonders for business, being it is that close to dragonland. I don't want to buy him it in the morning entering the park and definitely not leaving the park either. I at least feel better after that rant:)

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
Oh dear.  I meant to post about this right after the park opened for the season.

During #InvadRWatch, we discovered the Build-Your-Own Treats at the Rhinefeld candy shop, and tried them.  We did Instagram our FoodScience, but I guess it never got embedded here.

Regardless, while it was fun to design my own caramel apple, it was virtually impossible to eat.  I don't know, if they ever tweaked the process, but both of our apples broke our knives and defied most attempts to bite through the candy coating.  Essentially, the caramel was way to thick and chewy.

They tasted good, however.

[Instagram=https://www.instagram.com/p/BRysGavBj1w/]

[Instagram=https://www.instagram.com/p/BRyRiothLft/]

Apr 5, 2017
Nicole said:
Oh dear.  I meant to post about this right after the park opened for the season.

During #InvadRWatch, we discovered the Build-Your-Own Treats at the Rhinefeld candy shop, and tried them.  We did Instagram our FoodScience, but I guess it never got embedded here.

Regardless, while it was fun to design my own caramel apple, it was virtually impossible to eat.  I don't know, if they ever tweaked the process, but both of our apples broke our knives and defied most attempts to bite through the candy coating.  Essentially, the caramel was way to thick and chewy.

[Instagram=https://www.instagram.com/p/BRysGavBj1w/]

[Instagram=https://www.instagram.com/p/BRyRiothLnkkd ft/]
Thanks for posting this. I'm suprised that the shop in England doesn't do this too. They have all the treats. I know in Germany they used a flash freezer to set the dipped chocolate maybe they don't have one in England. You would think they would move it if the one in Germany is going to remain closed.

Zimmy

Nessie thinks it is not polite to ask her age!
Sep 28, 2013
Virginia Beach
Nicole said:

I feel like I need to check my blood sugar just for reading that!!!

Login or Register to Hide This Ad