Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Six Flags at its finest.

Six Flags is likely to blame for how long it took the ride to actually be built, but delays during testing/commissioning are FAR more likely to be something out of Six Flags' hands. We'll probably never actually know what has gone wrong, but I'd love to find out.

it’s probably rough if I had to guess

That hasn't stopped B&M from turning rides over to parks previously. This is almost certainly something new/different.
 
Commissioning and testing usually has to do with state/locality certifications right?
 
Commissioning and testing usually has to do with state/locality certifications right?

No, those items happen during the same window as testing and commissioning, but neither of those items would delay the turning over of the ride to the park. As far as I know park employees haven't been the ones operating the ride strongly suggesting that the ride has yet to be turned over to the park.
 
Last edited:
I can’t share anything concrete, but I’d say it’s certainly gotten its footings in. It also seems to be rather shaky in select ways…
I’d also like to correct, shaky in matters of stability in certain sections of the ride.
 
Also saw this earlier and saw someone claiming to corroborate the control panel fire. As much as I don’t buy this info just being plopped into a YouTube, I also unfortunately wouldn’t entirely be shocked if at least some portion of this ends up being true given the current state of B&M and the abrupt, fairly substantial delay.

Even if it all ends up being bs, the delay really isn’t a great look for B&M and they need all the positive PR they can get at the moment.
 
Eh, while B&M hasn’t had some issues recently a fire isn’t something that I would mark them for. On a project like this there’s always subcontractors who are handling the electrical, plumbing and other subtasks. I assume a subcontractor (just as an example Irvine Ondrey) would be handling the PLC systems and electrical installation. It’s all just parts from vendors like Allen-Bradley. Just look at the Control Panel thread. B&M having issues with footers and supports is a much larger issue as they’re more core to the engineering of the company.
 
Also saw this earlier and saw someone claiming to corroborate the control panel fire. As much as I don’t buy this info just being plopped into a YouTube, I also unfortunately wouldn’t entirely be shocked if at least some portion of this ends up being true given the current state of B&M and the abrupt, fairly substantial delay.

Even if it all ends up being bs, the delay really isn’t a great look for B&M and they need all the positive PR they can get at the moment.
So now we're leaping from "new B&Ms rattle too much" to equating the current state of the company to a (rumored and unconfirmed) literal fire?
 
I went for the first time yesterday, real strong park even with the closed rides. Let me tell you Tormenta is so loud, you can hear it trough the whole park essentially. Watched it test throughout the day and i think this is going to be way stronger than any dive we seen. The videos i feel almost give it justice of the pure speed it carries throughout the layout. I did not seen any concenring B&M rattle. I went and rode iron menace opening year and it was noticeably rattle off ride. I have incredibly high hopes and think this could be considered great as a coaster not just as a Dive coaster.
 
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad